Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing LED day runners on 2014 Zetec S?

Orbixx

My model was manufactured with non-LED day runners. Is it trivial to change these for some LED ones with halogen projectors as close to stock as possible? Does this affect insurance / warranty?

What I have, and what I want to convert to, just to avoid any confusion. 

IMG_20160815_134146.jpg

Screenshot_20160815-133306.png

Yes it can be done, no it won't affect warranty unless you damage something while trying to fit them.

I'm not sure if wiring looms are the same, but even if it is physically plug and play, it will probably need programming.

currently in the process of grabbing a set of these LED DRL's myself. Just need @GingerFlame to get back online! Aha😉

I wonder if:

1. ECU remap
  2. Reprogramming for LED lights
  3. Restore of original ECU firmware

... would remove the LED reprogramming? Or could they be different controllers?

They need reprogramming otherwise they won't get brighter/dimmer when indicating etc.

Been a lot of posters asked this over the last couple of years, believe its a lot of hassle, although there has been members done it previously, maybe try a search or hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

The LEDs are nice, but if it's a massive pain to do, is it any easier to just replace all the bulbs with ones which emit a much whiter colour? The yellow colour on these bulbs doesn't look fantastic with the white paint.

I've ordered H15, H17 and W5W Osram bulbs. Hopefully they'll look less yellow!

Im currently running h7 and h15's from carenhancementsuk. 6000k 501 philips sidelights. 

Philips crystalvision h7 are decent. 

You might want to look down the h7 hid route. 

Hi,

Just to let you know that you would need to disclose this to your insurance company.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Why not go for something different? 
like a bulb you put in your indicator it turns into a DRL and a led indicator  i seen a guy do this was very easy and simple to do called switchbacks 

need to find them though found some eBay for 25 and some on ali express for 15 make sure you get the resistor too :) 

• Like 1

Interesting! How bright would these bulbs be though? And if you got any links for them? 

Send em' over?;) 

I use the osram nightbreaker bulbs and there spot on,had a good deal on amazon for the kit and heard a lot of very good reviews on here.

Yeah I've got Night Breakers on the H7 dipped beams coming. Heard nothing but good things about them.