Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirty exhaust

Patrico777

Hi

My exhaust the tip on my st150 is so dark and dirty does not look nice would metal polish be the solution with the wire sponge ?? 

Try it, just don't scratch it.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Any thought on a performance exhaust system for my 1.6 tdci zetec s? New to this!

I think unless the soot is caked on you'll be alright with a soft cloth and metal polish, rather than a wire wool pad

21 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I think unless the soot is caked on you'll be alright with a soft cloth and metal polish, rather than a wire wool pad

I will give it a try 

I've bought some tcut chrome Polish from Halford  (though autosol is the same apparently)  for when mine needs doing if that helps at all?

1 minute ago, laumk7 said:

I've bought some tcut chrome Polish from Halford  (though autosol is the same apparently)  for when mine needs doing if that helps at all?

I will go and buy that us well tomorrow and try it thanks

Don't forget to get some high temperature wax on it when you've finished Tarting it up, wheel wax should do as that has to cope with high temperatures 

I use swissvax but at 40 odd quid for 50ml, this stuff is more reasonable.  https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/finish-kare-hi-temp-paste-wax-1000p?___SID=U

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

Don't forget to get some high temperature wax on it when you've finished Tarting it up, wheel wax should do as that has to cope with high temperatures 

I use swissvax but at 40 odd quid for 50ml, this stuff is more reasonable.  https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/finish-kare-hi-temp-paste-wax-1000p?___SID=U

That just coming up to expenssive lol I try in poundland metal polish should do the job as well lol

Another thumbs up from me for Autosol,used it for ages but go gently with it after you've washed the light staining off then buff it up for best results.

6 hours ago, SpannerTheCat said:

Another thumbs up from me for Autosol,used it for ages but go gently with it after you've washed the light staining off then buff it up for best results.

Try Meguiers NXT metal polysh (correct spelling), I had a mate who always used Autosol, then he tried some of my Meguiers and switched.

• Like 1

White diamond metal polish and sealant, also very good for polishing up hazy headlamps on older cars.

Ive used autosol on my exhaust and it came up well. It wasn't majorly black but had discoloured

It's Autosol you're meant to use?  Hmm, thought the Anusol wasn't having the desired effect... :unsure: 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's Autosol you're meant to use?  Hmm, thought the Anusol wasn't having the desired effect... :unsure: 

thats a different exhaust!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

2 hours ago, iantt said:

thats a different exhaust!! 

Plus the wrong hole!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club