Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOndeo Vignale Towbar

d0n13

Hi all, trying to get a towbar fitted to the Mondoe Vignale. Ford do not appear to have a factory fit option. Has anybody fitted an aftermarket one.

I use LED lights on the trailer and need to know the module with not cause them to flicker like it does on the factory fitted version for the MK4. I guess it should be hooked into the CANbus and disable the sensors, fogs and modify the traction control when the trailer is attached. Does this require Ford to adjust some settings on the car?

Hopefully someone has done this already and can advise.

Thanks
Donie

I've just fitted one to a standard Mondeo - try eBay - PF Jones are very good. They also do the car-specific modules suitable for LED lights.

Send them a message and they're pretty quick to respond!!

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am new to this website (signed up today - 27th April 2018) and so apologies if in wrong area.  I need help/advice ASAP.

I have a Mondeo Vignale 2.0 TDCI Diesel Estate 180PS    Registered Dec 2016.

I need a towbar fitted to it. I am not technically minded, and thought that it would be a simple matter of paying money (lots!) to someone to fit it. The problem goes beyond money though! I have been informed this morning by the towbar fitter that the following cannot be fitted to the Vignale:

Witter detachable

He felt that the Brink detachable (6010) would be ok. The Brink website says otherwise, and so did the lady on the Brink 'helpline'. My Ford dealership would simply signpost my query to the towbar fitter.

Does this mean that I cannot have a detachable towbar?  Please do not reply with any technical information as I am afraid this will go over my head! I just need to know what towbar can be fitted without invalidating any warranty (of which there are still nearly 2 years left of the original 3).  Thanks very much. Kind regards Tom.

I had a Ford Retractable one fitted at my local dealer ... is all hidden and deploys at the press of a button in the boot.

I have a video of it but wont let me put it up here .

Not sure if this is a MK 5 but its the same as on my car 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club