Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Prices 2016?

jonny_sniper93

Hey all, 

A bit of a general question but have people noticed a big increase in their insurance renewal quotes? This time last year my insurance was around £550-600 with many companies on price comparison sites (I got it for £580 with Admiral), where as this year my renewal quote and prices on comparison sites is closer to £800. All that has happened in the past year is I've gained a years no claims so I can only assume insurers have bumped up the prices a hell of a lot.

Cheers, Jonny  

Hasn't gone up that much.

Perhaps your area or car is now considered more high risk.

Renewals are always inflated 20-30% anyway, I call it the try it on fee.

• Like 1

I know in the budget this year Insurance Premium tax should be going up another 0.5%

i know this isn't possible for most people but when i was on compare the market changing the start date from next day to a month later the price drop was about £200 for me, luckily managed to get decent insurance when i got my fez.

Insurance quotes is an art.

Always challenge why it has gone up

Loyalty means nothing to most of the ins co

Shop around and haggle haggle haggle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joss max said:

Insurance quotes is an art.

Always challenge why it has gone up

Loyalty means nothing to most of the ins co

Shop around and haggle haggle haggle

Your probably right, although I've been with my current insurance company for 4 years and they usually beat or match the cheapest quote I find on the comparison sites every year and include most of the extra's the others don't.

• Like 1

last few months has seen an increase in general insurance rates across the board.... 

Mine stayed the same after shopping around though. 

Start dates not the factor its how far infront you quote... people that do it in advance are seen as less risk rather than those that do it night before

go on confused.com and get the cheapest quote then tell your insurance the price,they will match it.

my renewal was 200 more than the same companies confused.com quote?

Cheers for your replies everyone, very helpful. I'll have a shop around to find the right price (still got over a month) and then ring them up for a haggle.

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club