Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue with replacement key fob

audin

Cheers i'll give it a go. Apologies for all the confusion caused by my profile being out of date :(

5 minutes ago, audin said:

Awesome :) So now all I need is a working fob. How easy is it to get the chip out? Should it just pull out? Worried about breaking it.

i think it can slide out but you have to be careful i cut around mine

1 hour ago, audin said:

my new fob that I bought from eBay has already completely died on me, will no longer unlock the car and it won't pair with the car again (no beep on press) so I think it's dead

From your photos your old PCB looks undamaged. Can't you transfer that into the new fob?

3 minutes ago, mjt said:

From your photos your old PCB looks undamaged. Can't you transfer that into the new fob?

Thing is, neither fob works at all now. By that I mean I can't pair them to the car by doing the switch key in ignition from I to II four times until it beeps then press button on fob for another beep. Replacing batteries in either doesn't work. I think i'll make sure the transponder chip in the old key works and then buy another fob and then see about cutting the transponder chip out of the old fob. Just tried to prize it out and ended up chipping a small piece of it off so i'm very worried about doing this...

be very careful with the chip if you break it it will cost you a arm and leg to sort it:smile:

If I order the exact same key fob part code, such as this, which comes with a transponder chip in it, will any old auto locksmith be able to pair it or does it HAVE to be Ford?

i think some lock smiths can do it but it is not cheap ford is arm and leg

1 hour ago, audin said:

ill any old auto locksmith be able to pair it

They will have to come out to the car (or you take the car to them.) The pairing is done in the car electronics. I believe it may be possible to clone a PATS chip, but you would have to have the working one to copy.

I might be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time:unsure:) but I was under the impression that the codes were hard-wired into the chips and the pairing was done by setting up the ECU to recognise a new code.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjt said:

I might be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time:unsure:) but I was under the impression that the codes were hard-wired into the chips and the pairing was done by setting up the ECU to recognise a new code.

your right

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dezwez said:

his is a mk1 2000 glass chip :smile:

Ermm no it's not post clearly states a MK2 1.6.

he changed this early from 2000 to 2006 its in the thred

If you get a key ordered from this seller it is all ready to be programmed (with the blade cut for you) for £31

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221429062975?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you can get the car to me in Chersterfield I can program the new transponder to your car for you, and also check out if there are issues with either the HEC/PCM and GEM stopping the fob programming procedure.

Simon

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

he changed this early from 2000 to 2006 its in the thred

I have only ever seen the thread say it was a MK2, and I also realise that after my posting you had also advised correctly about the chip after finding out. Guess it boils down to people posting correct info and others reading all of it before responding lol

7 minutes ago, simcor said:

If you get a key ordered from this seller it is all ready to be programmed (with the blade cut for you) for £31

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221429062975?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you can get the car to me in Chersterfield I can program the new transponder to your car for you, and also check out if there are issues with either the HEC/PCM and GEM stopping the fob programming procedure.

Simon

Just to add I recommend this seller to anyone for keys, I have had one for my car and have just ordered one for a Vauxhall for someone else and will be programming that to her car tomorrow as I also have Vauxhall OP-Com along with Ford IDS/Elmconfig/Forscan.