Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Handling

Jimmy86

Hi All,

Recently picked up a 62 plate Mk7 Fiesta and up to now been very happy with it. 

On the way home today in the wet today nearly lost it a couple of times on roundabouts. On one occasion traction control kicked in. I wasn't driving fast or aggressively. 

Any ideas what this may be? Was thinking maybe tyres but it hand new ones put on the rear by the dealer before I purchased it.

Cheers, 

Jimmy 

New tyres can be slippy until they've worn in a bit, this might well be your cause

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

New tyres can be slippy until they've worn in a bit, this might well be your cause

Yep new tyres will still have a coating of the release agent from the mold.

Thanks for the replies guys.

How long does it normally take before they are "run in", I've done about 150 miles? Not noticed it to this extent on previous cars with new tyres. Do wonder if they are a bit cheap and nasty too. They are Haida HD921.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Jimmy86 said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

How long does it normally take before they are "run in? Not noticed it to this extent on previous cars with new tyres. Do wonder if they are a bit cheap and nasty too. They are Haida HD921.

Cheers

Can't say I've heard of those, but on my Fiesta I swear by Conti's, best tyres I've had on a car never had an issue with them either.

• Like 1

Ta. That's probably the problem then. Continentals on the front.  Can't really complain to the dealer about that I guess so will have to save some pennies and get something better on the rear. Hope it stays dry in the meantime! 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy86 said:

Hope it stays dry in the meantime! 

Just drive more carefully!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club