Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Fiesta (MK3) alternator?

winstonsmith

Hi,

Could anybody please give me step by step instructions on how to remove and replace my alternator. I've been told that it's really easy to do but have never done it before so any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, if anybody could provide me with a link for an E-book version of the Fiesta Haynes manual, that would be great...

Cheers

Hi Winston.

Its not a job I've ever done my self but really shouldn't pose you any problems.

Its a simple swap the wires from one unit to the other, unbolt the old bolt in the new and adjust......

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Could anybody please give me step by step instructions on how to remove and replace my alternator. I've been told that it's really easy to do but have never done it before so any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, if anybody could provide me with a link for an E-book version of the Fiesta Haynes manual, that would be great...

Cheers

disconnect the battery first, safety. pen and paper make a drawing of the back of the alternator and how the wires fit. remove the wires and mark them up with a bit of insulating tape with a bit of paper stuck on it so you can identify. spanners you will need. the alternator will be fastened to the egine oneither one long bolt or two short ones, and an adjuster bolt. loosen all of them but do not remove. push the alternator and it will swing dropping the drive belt slack. noe remove the adjusting bolt then the pivot bolt/bolts and fit the new one in reverse. make sure the drive belt is tight but not over tight you should be able to deflect the belt a little bit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club