Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear disc brakes for Fiesta?

ThaiFiesta

I just noticed a brand new Mazda 2 in the garage with rear disc brakes. A quick look at the Mazda website confirms that that top of the line model has OEM solid rear discs.  Does anyone know if the new Mazda 2 still uses the Ford Fiesta torsion bar suspension? It looked the same but I only had a quick glance. 

Might be a cheap and easy disc conversion option if the torsion bar is the same. 

Wouldn't it be a cheaper & easier to use second hand fiesta parts? 

2 hours ago, E5GDM said:

Wouldn't it be a cheaper & easier to use second hand fiesta parts? 

I wasn't aware of any Fiestas that had rear disc brakes (other than the ST, which isn't available where I live). 

The current Mazda 2 is no longer technically related to the Ford Fiesta. Mazda uses the new Skyactiv chassis which has rear torsion beam suspension. Ford uses a multilink suspension with coil springs. Next to this Mazda uses a 4x100 mm bolt pattern while Ford uses a 4x108 mm bolt pattern.

If you want rear disc brakes you can install the Fiesta ST rear disc brakes or a rear disc retrofit kit (from Pumaspeed for example). Another possibility is to build your own retrofit kit using focus MK1 parts and custom made parts to make all fit onto the Fiesta.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club