Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[SOLVED] Rear parking sensors re-activation

dentex

Hello!

A few months ago, while my mechanic was replacing the turbine, probably for the battery left disconnected, he accidentally deactivated my rear parking sensors (together with the electric windows memory to go up and down with a long-press of the button). I didn't come back immediately because when I noticed the issue, I was far away; they reside far from me and I'm always around for my job; but that's OT. The sensors were fitted by the Ford dealer where I bought the car, back in 2008. So the car came out of the production line without them.

I was wondering if it's possible to re-activate them with ELMConfig.
I tried to search in all configurations, but I'm unable to find anything useful, at least at first sight.
Do you have any idea? In your experience, is it possible to re-activate the sensors in ELMConfig?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe I found them, under PAM.

Readong "Parking Assistance Module" I thought about the "Park Assist"... But the tab contains references to rear sensors... I'm not sure if it's the right thing.

Trying to load from "as-built" (after copy/paste of the VIN) doesn't work (while in "offline" it works for other modules). This should be correct, because the car was born without sensors.
Tomorrow I may try to activate this part, as per screenshot... What do you think?

2016-08-20_222417.jpg

aftermarket sensors dont need activating after battery disconnect, as for the windows , they just need re activating via the individual switches

Windows were ok the same day.

While for the sensors... I understand what you mean. The dealer said that he used normal sensors for the Focus... Do you think they still need no activation? What happens if I try anyway to write the PAM module as in picture?

non original sensors wont need activating, its just a buzzer and control box in boot and a wire to reverse light, check your reverse lights work.

10 hours ago, iantt said:

non original sensors wont need activating, its just a buzzer and control box in boot and a wire to reverse light, check your reverse lights work.

Ideed, there was a tiny (little bast@rd) switch on the buzzer that was set to OFF... Nothing more. Now all beeps again.

(In fact, the PAM module is not readable. Must be really for the park assist or for the originally installed parking sensors).

Thanks @iantt for the help!   :)

• Like 1

The Parking Assistance Module is only present on cars that have the original PDC system. Cars without the original PDC system do not have this module.

Aftermarket PDC systems have their own control module which does not communicate with other CANbus modules inside the car.

• Like 2