Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sticky stuff on car paint work

Dhendry

Hi guys

Can anyone help?  Had some  liquid poured on my car,  it's clear looking, it's ran down the paintwork and can't remove it. Tried petrol,  and other household bits.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

IMG_20160821_192031.jpg

I can't think what it is, it's definitely been poured though hasn't it, hmm.  To remove I'd be inclined to try  tcut or a polish

5 minutes ago, Dhendry said:

Yep,  thinking it might be super glue :-(

Oh God! I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to get that off, let's hope it's not - touch wood

20 minutes ago, Dhendry said:

Yep,  thinking it might be super glue :-(

By the looks of it, I'd agree.  Not sure what to do with that though, as I'd imagine it would burn through the paint and be impossible to remove without repainting.

You can get superglue remover, but I'm thinking anything strong enough to remove superglue, could damage the lacquer and/or paint.

Might be worth going to a local bodyshop and see what they think.

Try Nail Polish remover that does not contain Acetone. Try it somewhere you cant see first though.

Thanks for the advice. 

Superglue has been removed using nail varnish remover with acetone. Did an initial test under the bonnet and no paint was removed. 

Had to give the panel a real good polish after to restore the colour,  used autoglym for this. 

Thanks for the suggestions. 

On 21/08/2016 at 7:37 PM, Dhendry said:

Hi guys

Can anyone help?  Had some  liquid poured on my car,  it's clear looking, it's ran down the paintwork and can't remove it. Tried petrol,  and other household bits.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

IMG_20160821_192031.jpg

So annoying when some prat does this to your car. Why is beyond me. Glad you got it sorted though

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club