Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers side window won't fully close.

goodjobdaveman

Ok so a few weeks ago my drivers side window was making a grinding noise when closing. Today i put the window down and when i went to close the window it does not fully close. It leaves a gap about 2 inches from the top.

It fully opens with no hassle or noise but when i go to put the window up it makes a grinding noise and stops 2 inches before fully closed.

I'm driving around with a bin bag taped over the gap so any help would be great!

Thanks

DAve

Before the grinding noise happens, does the window operate smoothly?

I'd check the slot the glass goes up and down in for any obstructions. Just a small piece of grit could cause the problem you are having. Lubricate it with white grease or something too. Not too  much though.

8 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Before the grinding noise happens, does the window operate smoothly?

I'd check the slot the glass goes up and down in for any obstructions. Just a small piece of grit could cause the problem you are having. Lubricate it with white grease or something too. Not too  much though.

Yeah, it operates fine at first. The grinding occurs about half way up. Noticed today it also doesn't go fully down, its about a quarter of an inch from fully closing.

I can take the door panel off pretty easily, but the runners the glass are on are behind a metal panel. So I'm guessing i need to remove that to get into it

just an idea as i have no experience in electric windows but does the motor still power up when it gets stuck going up (does it still try to go up) or does it loose power all together, you could try a multi meter on the connections to see if it drops power when you operate it or like gary said it could be dirt or grit jamming the mechanism.

Try some silicon spray down the runners and on any of the mechanism you can get to.

3 hours ago, btmaldon said:

Try some silicon spray down the runners and on any of the mechanism you can get to.

any easy way to do this without taking the whole door apart? i can get behind the door panel easy enough

Spray up and down the guides that the windows slide up and down in with the window down. Its usually these that cause the glass to get stuck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club