Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CAN bus or not CAN bus

Affleck

I have a 59 plate ford focus 1.6 zetec, I am looking to change my interior bulbs to something with a bit of colour, can anyone comment on the proper bulbs (would i be able to use LEDs) and are the bulbs in this CAN bus.  the bulbs I have at the moment are standard 501 bulbs.  Assistance appreciated.

Baa, get them orrible yellow bulbs out of there! stick some 48 SMD jobbies in in the foot wells and some more white ones up top!

WP_20140814_002.jpgWP_20140814_003.jpgWP_20140828_009.jpg

WP_20160110_17_41_00_Pro_LI.jpg

I don't have the wiring for the footwells is there any lights that can be powered from the cigarette lighter socket

are you sure you don't? I thought all mk2.5 zetecs had the footwell lighting? you can power whatever you want from anything you want, the question is, is that the desired effect your looking for. The cig socket is always on meaning so will your lights, you could tap in to the console lighting but that will always be on with your sidelights.

29 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

are you sure you don't? I thought all mk2.5 zetecs had the footwell lighting? you can power whatever you want from anything you want, the question is, is that the desired effect your looking for. The cig socket is always on meaning so will your lights, you could tap in to the console lighting but that will always be on with your sidelights.

My Focus doesn't have the bulb holders, haven't looked further to see if the wiring is there though.

No bulb holders no wiring as far ad I can see, just have to run cable from courtesy light if I want the effect I am after.  Cheers anyway guys

I seems strange that the wiring for these would be totally omitted, is it possible they are tucked away somewhere, once again assistance appreciated

Update.  Have now changed to blue LEDs in courtesy light.  I changed my courtesy light from single to treble bulb.  When I turn of the ignition and LocK the doors the light goes out but there is still a very very dim blue light is this something I should worry about (I don't get the same with the standard bulbs).  As always assistance appreciated.

I think that was the ambient lighting, mine didn't have that but my partners festa does, tiny wee square LED that very dimly lights up the cupholder area?

as long as its not a blue light directly facing outside youll be ok, Police frown upon blue lights pointing outside.

Not overly sure they will be all that happy about these either, they only light up when the doors open but still, they put a smile on my face. :)

WP_20160514_17_50_51_Rich_LI.jpg

It is on my courtesy light, when I unlock the door it comes on and then when I turn on the ignition it goes off but leaves a very dim glow but only on the middle bulb. 

Not all that sure that's normal, but perhaps its a design of the bulb, the LEDs in my dome lights are all off unless they are on.... if that makes sense! :)

Led's sometimes have a residual current problem whereby they continue to light up slightly when off.

It's because they have less resistance than standard bulbsyou could either fit a resistor (get quite hot), return to a standard bulb or fit an led panel light which has greater resistance and therefore no glowing.

Tbh the power the bulb consumes is very small so shouldn't cause any problems unless the car is left undriven for weeks.

I used to have a 3 led panel set in mine but can't locate any on eBay atm, similar to this single unit-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222215379666

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's the exact ones I got, when I ordered mine from some deep dark place in China, they took about a month to get here but I was well chuffed when I cracked it open to find a set of rear dome light SMDs for good measure :) its a really nice spread of light as well

• Like 1

I got these ice blue t10's for the courtesy light and the ice blue 48 smd for my boot, I will get another 48 smd and wire to the other side of he boot

yptqfb1369710350954.jpg

$_1.JPG.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club