Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating Fiesta

kingpersona

Hi, i have a 2012 ford fiesta 1.4 L petrol which have 80k ++ km trip and recently my car keep having this overheating trouble.

First time i have this problem is when the kilos reach about 74k, and after i take it to our mechanics they said it was the motor fan, so we change it. After that, the overheating problem is resolved but our motor fan often still working even after i turn off the car. Not so long after that, our waterpump is broken and we have fix it. Then recently i have that problem again, first symptom is our air conditioner was getting hotter, then we hear 'hiss' sound from the air conditioner, not so long after that, the overheat indicator was light up and we pulled over to cool the engine. Next morning i checked the coolant tank and saw the coolant level was far below minimum limit, even though i already topped it several days before. After that i took my car to mechanics and they said there's a leak somewhere inside the engine and they just need to solder it. After that the overheat problem is resolved but sometimes in afternoon i feel my air conditioner is getting hotter just like the car condition before overheating. Is anybody have same problem like that? And what i have to do or check to get rid this problem?

My advice would be to monitor the coolant level, if it is still going down then you still have a leak. Next step would be to pin point that leak. Can you confirm what the mechanic fixed? I am guessing they welded a hole in the radiator?

I had a slight rad leak on an 06 Fiesta.   I tipped a bottle of Bars Leaks into the radiator and 5 years later it's still fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club