Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Hi Ronzino!

If i`m right:

1, same as yours ( 8M5T-19G488-EF )

2, i think ( 8M5T-19C112-EF )

3, i think with software update both can BT streaming

4, case 1 you do not need to use IDS except if you need software update. in case 2, you will need...

This is my module with USB (ending AN english ver.)

med_gallery_13241_370_262686.jpg

but if i have a Focus i go with This come out cheaper end of the day...

!CCZuhYwBWk~$(KGrHqV,!iUE0GshyQ4nBNL!snISOw~~0_12.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i should shed some light, sorry i didn't reply sooner have been busy at work past few days.

Anyway, took it to ford, they phoned me up half way through the day saying, it wont work, we've tried everything, even tried in another car and my ipod didnt work in there.. I went down there and found they were using an iPod lead, not the ford Y cable (Muppets).

Anyway, we tried it in their showroom car and it worked fine.

Tried in my car and you can see all the playlists/artists/albums etc. Further than before, this time ford decided to Enable the USB on the cars computer.

Problem is when you click to play the song, the stereo just jumps back to Line-In.

Has anyone seen this before? my local ford dealers haven't. Im going to go back in during the week because they said they would phone ford technical about it (ford technical dont work between xmas and new year).

The guys there were thinking that the module may be faulty, but I personally dont think this is the case. I think they dont know what they are doing.

I've emailed the company i got the module from and they say its covered by my dealers warranty, so thats good news if it is faulty. But I also asked if there were different models of head units (Just in case there are)

I now wish i never bothered with this, taking far to much time to do something probably quite simple.

Hi,

Did you ever have any luck getting this problem resolved? I read this guide: http://www.rolfie.eu/fiesta/Inbouwen%20USB%20in%20een%20Fiesta%20MK7.pdf which seems to imply it's easy to get the upgrade done. I ordered the new module, got the dealer to upgrade the software and enable USB and I now have exactly the same problem as you - it jumps back to line in!

It seems like there is still one more option to be configured somewhere! Really hoping I can find it as I don't want to have wasted the money!

Colin

I can confirm that this upgrade is possible and now works for me.

The "BVC High" bluetooth module appears to have a new part number. I installed module AU7T-19C112-AR to replace the module under the glove compartment, as described earlier in this thread.

The next step requires use of a Ford IDS diagnostic machine.

- Upgrade the software on the "audio module","speech recognition module", and display module if necessary. The "speech recognition module" is the new module that has just been installed.

- Download the car configuration file (CCF)

- Edit the configuration. Two options need to change:

bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"

Accessory module (I think) should be "With USB and iPod function"

- Upload the configuration back, and USB, bluetooth audio streaming and ipod should work.

If only one parameter is changed the USB/A2DP and iPod options will be visible when pressing "AUX" twice but won't work. The second parameter needed to be enabled in order for it to actually work. It sounds as though Steven (above) only has one of them enabled.

Bluetooth audio streaming seems to work well - steering wheel controls change track; it stops playing on the phone when turning off the ignition/switching to radio etc.

Hope this helps anyone else who is thinking of the upgrade.

• Like 1

Sounds good. How much does this cost and were does the USB socket go? Wondering if a group of us could maybe get together and get it done as I'm useless with stuff like this!

Hi Ronzino!

If i`m right:

1, same as yours ( 8M5T-19G488-EF )

2, i think ( 8M5T-19C112-EF )

3, i think with software update both can BT streaming

4, case 1 you do not need to use IDS except if you need software update. in case 2, you will need...

This is my module with USB (ending AN english ver.)

but if i have a Focus i go with This come out cheaper end of the day...

!CCZuhYwBWk~$(KGrHqV,!iUE0GshyQ4nBNL!snISOw~~0_12.JPG

I've just completed the install of Lez's USB Module.

As one of the other posts confirmed, the cars configuration menu needs to be downloaded from the main CCM and onto the laptop (as you can guess i have my own IDS module)

After that, selecting Modify will allow parameters to be set. In this instance it was USB support and the same for the BT Module.

I think i have screen shots on the PC that i can upload now im a registered member..

Hope this will help all those who want to do this install.

Alex

07955 406 446

Yes! and now the USB and iPod and the bluetooth steaming work :P

Thanks Alex!

I can confirm that this upgrade is possible and now works for me.

The "BVC High" bluetooth module appears to have a new part number. I installed module AU7T-19C112-AR to replace the module under the glove compartment, as described earlier in this thread.

The next step requires use of a Ford IDS diagnostic machine.

- Upgrade the software on the "audio module","speech recognition module", and display module if necessary. The "speech recognition module" is the new module that has just been installed.

- Download the car configuration file (CCF)

- Edit the configuration. Two options need to change:

Bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"

- Upload the configuration back, and USB, Bluetooth audio streaming and ipod should work.

If only one parameter is changed the USB/A2DP and iPod options will be visible when pressing "AUX" twice but won't work. The second parameter needed to be enabled in order for it to actually work. It sounds as though Steven (above) only has one of them enabled.

Bluetooth audio streaming seems to work well - steering wheel controls change track; it stops playing on the phone when turning off the ignition/switching to radio etc.

Hope this helps anyone else who is thinking of the upgrade.

woah woah woah..

wait a minute.

are you actually saying that people with bluetooth and voice control but no usb can actually get the system upgraded (provided a new bluetooth module is used) so the ipod/iphone can be plugged in?

i've wanted this for years and after plugging things in and swapping modules with other users i still couldn't get any joy out of it.. i need to have itunes/spotify in the car!! :)

Yes... i bought my module from scrap yard with the USB lead, and socket for £55, and another £40 for soft update...

Yes... i bought my module from scrap yard with the USB lead, and socket for £55, and another £40 for soft update...

this is amazing. i love you guys.

so run it buy me for dummies... i have bluetooth VC only, what do i need to buy and what do i need to do at ford?

If you can source the parts from anywhere else but Ford that would be better, but patience can prevail with part sourcing.

With Lez's car, we downloaded the vehicle configuration and then changed the parameters for the newly installed hardware.

At the moment, he has the low level audio system installed, which 'may' need a software update if it will take it. The bluetooth module was installed as BT/VC only initially, i may have to reinstall with the Programmable module function now that the USB/IPod parameters have now been changed.

Im with you on the 'swapping modules, trying this, trying that' stage... i went through that with my Mondeo, namely with the CD Changer, went through 4 of them until i found out they needed the VIN uploaded to get the !Removed! things to work...

So, to recap, read through the posts the other guys have listed. There is a lot of good info there for all the hardware you will need but it will all require an IDS session to sort it out.

Alex

07955 406 446

E Mail - awhvehicle@btinternet.com

Did anyone post what the part number was for the usb cable from the module to the usb socket on? There was one posted earlier but I think the poster said it was too short.

yes i did...

and here again...

Part number : 8M5T-19C112-AN for UK English

Do the cables come with that?

does this help clear things up? regards steve

Information and Entertainment System - General Information - Information and Entertainment System - Overview Fiesta 2008.75 (06/2008-)

Print Report An Error

Description and Operation

In-car entertainment

The audio system consists of the following components:

Multifunction display,

audio system control unit,

audio unit,

Speakers,

handsfree system with voice activation module (optional),

handsfree button (optional),

AUX socket in the center console (optional),

USB port in the center console (optional and only in conjunction with handsfree / bluetooth / voice activation module),

radio remote control in steering wheel.

A conventional audio unit with control buttons and display is not available. On this vehicle the audio system is divided into three or four modules:

Audio unit,

audio system control unit with keypad,

multifunction display,

handsfree / bluetooth / voice activation module.

no....lol

I think it just needs to be separated into:

> if you currently have bluetooth and voice control (inc aux) then you'll need x, y and z (if there's part numbers please include)

> if you dont have any bluetooth and have the 6 numerical button stereo then youll need x, y, z and f (again part numbers would be great)

And then explain the process of getting the car programmed at ford, and what exactly do we need to have the technicians turn on when they connect the car to IDS.

Out of interest, have the people who have managed this got full use of the USB Inc control from the wheel and bluetooth streaming ( as it doesn't come on Bluetooth and VC for some reason )?

yes i did...

and here again...

Hi,

Apparently the part number has changed and the 8M5T-19C112-xx module has been replaced with a newer one. I'm using part AU7T-19C112-AR which looks identical, and works OK. I think both part numbers should work - just mentioning it in case anyone is confused while ordering.

This order code is for the module only. The module has two connections on it - the large connector just plugs in where the original module is. The other one is the USB socket which must be wired up. The wiring diagrams suggest that the USB socket is in the original wiring loom. Either they're lying or my eyes are duff - I just can't find the USB sockets on my wiring loom. So I'm not currently 100% sure which cable to buy.

I think part number 8M5T-14D202 is a service cable used for updating the software on the module. I *believe* this cable will work but won't work to add a connector in the proper place by the handbrake - but might be usable to just have a USB stick in the glovebox or something. This forum http://www.ford-focus.dk/Forum/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?42141 shows some cables and talks about installing into a Focus - not sure which of these parts is applicable to the Fiesta.

This guide:

http://www.rolfie.eu/fiesta/Inbouwen%20USB%20in%20een%20Fiesta%20MK7.pdf

...shows some pictures

Out of interest, have the people who have managed this got full use of the USB Inc control from the wheel and Bluetooth streaming ( as it doesn't come on Bluetooth and VC for some reason )?

I've not got the USB cable installed yet so can't try out USB. Steering wheel controls work for bluetooth track changing, and player pauses etc when ignition is turned off. No track info is displayed for BT audio however.

quote name='Lez' timestamp='1306172225' post='128578']

yes i did...

and here again...

Thanks for that but I was referring to the cable that connects to the port on the module and goes to the USB port by the handbrake, Is there an official product code for this?

edit; looks like it's these two cables that fit together to form one longer cable, no wonder the previous guy was complaining about the cbale being too short.

2 below connect together to form 1 cable.

Cable from the USB socket on the bluetooth Voice Control with USB Module, which connects to the USB cable from the IPOD Holder -

FINIS: 1520708

1288907128_917_FT42120_005-usblead1_.jpg

Cable from the USB socket on the Ipod Holder -

FINIS: 1520710 8M5T-14D202-CB IP Cable, From: 25-02-2008 RHD, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

1288907308_917_FT42120_006-usblead2_.jpg

So these two cables, the USB faceplate and an update from Ford are allt hat's required? (besides the module)

Oh, also this:

SB Socket on the Ipod Holder -

FINIS: 1497339

1288906879_917_FT42120_002-usbsocket_.jpg

I think that's right provided you already gave the higher level stereo which means you have the VC stalk already.

Sounds easy, what you gotta tell the guys at ford to do?

Hi Colin

My car didnt have bluetooth/voice control and when i pxed my focus i removed the bluetooth bits which i added to it. When i added them to the focus it all just plug and played.

I have changed the audio control unit to the one with the extra phone buttons, added the multi line display, added the wiring loom and my bvc module, usb port, mic in the headlining with the cable down the a pillar, steering wheel stalk with the voice button. The multi line display worked fine but the bvc wasnt recognised.

I asked the salesman i have dealt with at my local garage and he told me to try one of the mechanics. He put the car on the ids machine and updated the configuration but he said for some reason the changes were not saving when uploading the configuration. Does anyone know how this can be done as the mechanic didnt know what else to try.

I have the ids software on my laptop but dont have the vcm module that connects between the laptop and the car so if i could find one i could try myself

I asked the salesman i have dealt with at my local garage and he told me to try one of the mechanics. He put the car on the ids machine and updated the configuration but he said for some reason the changes were not saving when uploading the configuration. Does anyone know how this can be done as the mechanic didnt know what else to try.

Hi,

I had trouble when enabling the module - the person with the IDS machine disabled "CD Player" by accident and it wouldn't re-enable. I had no CD Player! He enabled the CD Player in the configuration, loaded it into the car but no luck. When downloading the configuration back from the car it said "No CD Player".

The trick in the end was to download the factory configuration from Ford, then re-enable the two parameters. This fixed the CD Player problem.

If it helps, the two parameters needed were (I think) -

bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"

...there were other parameters though for the stereo - e.g. "No audio unit/Audio unit/Branded audio unit" and "No CD player/Single CD player with MP3" etc. Perhaps there is a parameter to tell it has the high end matrix display which is needed for bluetooth to work? The system seems weird - even though it will have a piece of hardware (e.g. CD player) it will refuse to work unless enabled in the configuration.

The other alternative I can think of might be to download the configuration for a car exactly the same as yours, but which has bluetooth fitted from the factory, and then load that into yours? I'm not an IDS expert so not sure if it can be done - but perhaps it would accept that OK.

Colin

people with ids may find this post helpfull. it is instructions on using cc and modifying features to enable/disable. this is a transit drive away locking feature but info is self expanitory for audio etc. (my pc shows pics but they dont copy accross sorry)

Enable Automatic locking by speed via IDS

1. Connect the IDS portable diagnostic unit to the vehicle and establish communication (VID the vehicle).

Confirm the vehicle details are correct.

2. Select the <Toolbox> tab at the top of the screen.

3. Select <Module Programming>.

Press the tick.

4. Select <Programmable Parameters> and then <Car Configuration Parameter(s)>.

Press the tick.

5. The following VIN screen appears.

Press <YES> if VIN is correct.

6. The <Vehicle Configuration> screen appears.

Press on Vehicle Configuration.

7. NOTE: The next step must be completed first, before you will be able to View or Modify data from the vehicle.

Select <Retrieve the vehicle configuration data>.

Press the tick.

8. The application will check vehicle battery voltage and prevent continuation if it is less than 11.60V. If required, connect an external power supply in order to maintain a constant battery voltage throughout the procedure. For detailed information refer to TSB 62/2007.

9. Follow the further instructions from IDS about switching the ignition OFF and ON and confirm.

10. The vehicle configuration data will now be retrieved and stored on the service Tool. Once this is completed press the tick.

11. After ignition OFF, the application returns to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen.

12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

Press the tick.

13. Select the parameter of Automatic locking by speed using the down arrow.

14. When clicked, a menu of options will appear. Select <Automatic locking>.

Press the tick when all required changes have been made.

15. Selecting the <X> will return it to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen. On the message <Do you want to download the vehicle configuration file?> select the tick. This will save any changes made to the configuration data back to the vehicle.

Follow the further instructions from IDS and confirm.

16. At the <Download Complete> screen, press the tick to return to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen.

Select the <Return> icon to exit the application.

17. Check for any stored Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) related to the module configuration.

18. Clear any stored DTCs and disconnect IDS from the vehicle.