Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Wow that is really helpful, i'll certainly use this thread when I get round to buying the parts. Thanks digi

Just in case it helps,

In steps 13 and 14 above the mention of the "automatic locking" bit should be ignored and replaced with the change to two parameters:

bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"

Accessory module (I think) should be "With USB and iPod function"

Just in case it helps,

In steps 13 and 14 above the mention of the "automatic locking" bit should be ignored and replaced with the change to two parameters:

Bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"

Accessory module (I think) should be "With USB and iPod function"

What happens if you don't do that bit?

What happens if you don't do that bit?

You'll have auto-locking and not USB :P

as said this is an example....when you choose..12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

you will be given lots of settings to change from tyre size to body style to audio etc. you will see a big list to scroll down and edit as neccessary. basically one body control module will be used on many variations and models so it is neccessary to edit software to suit. this info is only usefull to people using ford ids and not your average man in the street, regards steve

as said this is an example....when you choose..12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

you will be given lots of settings to change from tyre size to body style to audio etc. you will see a big list to scroll down and edit as neccessary. basically one body control module will be used on many variations and models so it is neccessary to edit software to suit. this info is only usefull to people using ford ids and not your average man in the street, regards steve

Have you ever tried to enable cruise control?

Ahh the possibilities. Nath have you got access to IDS

Ahh the possibilities. Nath have you got access to IDS

No - we need Adam!

I have a copy of the ids software but no vcm to connect to the car :angry:

having software without vcm is like having a remote without a tv...if anyone is in yorkshire i have and use ids every day. contact me to see if i can help, regards steve

No - we need Adam!

he not at the dealership now. bit of a big ask to go to your old work place and use their stuff lol

i need to look at buying all this stuff so can make a start.

can you attach two of those ford cables (pictured previously-in grey) together to make it longer? reason being i want connect my iPhone via the armrest and not the USB port down by the gearstick. As a result i'll need to do some routing round the centre console up the back of the armrest.. answers on a postcard please :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I have a Ford Fiesta without USB plug next to the Aux plug.

Anyway, there is an usb plug near the glovebox.

When I plug my USB stick in it, the screen says "usb initialization" or something. When it's done, I press "Aux" button several times but nothing happens.

But my USB stick works fine with another Ford Fiesta, which has USB plug next to Aux plug.

Do you think it could work with my Fiesta if I follow digidash's steps with replaced steps 13&14 ? Are the two parameters correct and sufficient?

Big thanks in advance!

Do you think it could work with my Fiesta if I follow digidash's steps with replaced steps 13&14 ? Are the two parameters correct and sufficient?

Hi,

This sounds just like the problem I had when the garage had only set one parameter. Pressing 'voice'/'external device'/'usb' says "NOT POSSIBLE" also.

Enabling the other one got it working.

Colin

Good news, I will ask my garage to do this next week or something, I will let you know.

Off topic : are there other things that are nice to customize in car configuration parameters?

Nice forum by the way :-)

Have a nice day

can some one post up a shopping list of whats needed im so confused as to which module i need and what wires

I think the shopping list you are looking for is here : (Lez is talking about the module with USB)

yes i did...

and here again...

med_gallery_13241_370_262686.jpg

Part number : 8M5T-19C112-AN for UK English

Thanks for that but I was referring to the cable that connects to the port on the module and goes to the USB port by the handbrake, Is there an official product code for this?

edit; looks like it's these two cables that fit together to form one longer cable, no wonder the previous guy was complaining about the cbale being too short.

2 below connect together to form 1 cable.

Cable from the USB socket on the bluetooth Voice Control with USB Module, which connects to the USB cable from the IPOD Holder -

FINIS: 1520708

1288907128_917_FT42120_005-usblead1_.jpg

Cable from the USB socket on the Ipod Holder -

FINIS: 1520710 8M5T-14D202-CB IP Cable, From: 25-02-2008 RHD, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

1288907308_917_FT42120_006-usblead2_.jpg

So these two cables, the USB faceplate and an update from Ford are allt hat's required? (besides the module)

Oh, also this:

SB Socket on the Ipod Holder -

FINIS: 1497339

1288906879_917_FT42120_002-usbsocket_.jpg

Anyway, in my case I do not need to order USB cables since I already have some.

Is it a case of making your own hole for the usb next to the aux socket, or is there an actual 'face plate' for it?

Im really looking to add usb to my fiesta, i have bluetooth & voice control already, and there is a usb hole on the module itself, so would this just be a case of buying the cables & getting the software update? cheers for the above finis codes.

Yes there is an official USB+aux faceplate.

As for the module, you'll need to check the code on it to ensure it's capable of bluetooth audio. Both basic and high spec modules have the USB port.

Yes there is an official USB+aux faceplate.

As for the module, you'll need to check the code on it to ensure it's capable of Bluetooth audio. Both basic and high spec modules have the USB port.

cheers, will have a gander for the faceplate. does the module have to be the high spec one if im just after usb playback? ta.

How do you know which module you have?

Check the part number on the sticker (see picture in post #217).

That module is under the glovebox. You have to remove 2 screw (1st pull the center of the screw if possible).

I just checked what part I have, it is 8M5T-19C112-xx :-) :-)

When garage change my car configuration I will let you know if USB works (I hope so!)

Check the part number on the sticker (see picture in post #217).

That module is under the glovebox. You have to remove 2 screw (1st pull the center of the screw if possible).

I just checked what part I have, it is 8M5T-19C112-xx :-) :-)

When garage change my car configuration I will let you know if USB works (I hope so!)

So what does this mean for me? (see below)

7aeb3976.jpg

Unfortunately yours the bluetooth only, without USB, the port on that just for the updates... i had same before...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club