Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Hey Guys,

I've really got the need to find out whats needed to add the USB to a MK7. I've got the bluetooth option but not the ipod/usb.

I am 95% sure the special ford USB cable connects to the bluetooth module under the glovebox and that goes to the usb/aux unit by the gearstick. If you got these 2 items would it just work or would you then need to update the HU.

Pleaseeeee advise

Many thanks

Jordan

Hey Guys,

I've really got the need to find out whats needed to add the USB to a MK7. I've got the bluetooth option but not the ipod/usb.

I am 95% sure the special ford USB cable connects to the bluetooth module under the glovebox and that goes to the usb/aux unit by the gearstick. If you got these 2 items would it just work or would you then need to update the HU.

Pleaseeeee advise

Many thanks

Jordan

I was under teh understanding it's impossible to add it to a Fiesta because the system goes through the cars main computer as it is also voice controlled. Adding cables as I understand it won't work, you need to change the cars computer too.

I read on Etis that you may need to download an update for the head unit and stick it in the USB from ECAT. I just need more light on the subject, surely it cant be that much hassle?

I know a few poeple added the USB to their Focus with BT, so it might be possible for the Fiesta also.

HTH :wacko:

I've been looking it to this lots as i want the usb port. has anyone got the wiring diagrams for the stereo yet?

where abouts is the bluetooth module, i've had a quick look under the glove box but not sure what its ment to look like.

I've been looking it to this lots as i want the usb port. has anyone got the wiring diagrams for the stereo yet?

where abouts is the bluetooth module, i've had a quick look under the glove box but not sure what its ment to look like.

Can't help with diagrams,but maybe the following will be useful:

(if anyone wants higher resolution pics emailed to them , send me a PM)

SCAN105.jpg

SCAN106.jpg

SCAN107.jpg

SCAN108.jpg

SCAN109.jpg

In Ecat i have found the items needed, obviously the aux/usb socket... a cable from the unit to the bluetooth module, and it seems there are two versions of the bluetooth module, a non usb and and a usb one. so i guess you'd need the usb bluetooth module to. But if you bought all these items would it just work?

Can't help with diagrams,but maybe the following will be useful:

(if anyone wants higher resolution pics emailed to them , send me a PM)

SCAN105.jpg

SCAN106.jpg

SCAN107.jpg

SCAN108.jpg

SCAN109.jpg

Where did you get these images from dude, obviously scanned? is it something i can get my hands on?

Where did you get these images from dude, obviously scanned? is it something i can get my hands on?

If you work in a dealership, possibly. It's the Autoteam magazine, Issue 5, 2008, all about the new Fiesta.

If you work in a dealership, possibly. It's the Autoteam magazine, Issue 5, 2008, all about the new Fiesta.

Do you know who developed the stereo system? Was it Sony?

Ive had a quick look at the bluetooth Module and it looks like we might need some special usb cable that fits in as its not a standard usb port - i guess they thought about people trying to fit their own usb.

Do you know who developed the stereo system? Was it Sony?

Sorry I don't. Sony sounds feasible as they do the systems for the Focus and Mondeo I think?

for anyone who is interested. the bluetooth module is a: Novero 8m5t-19g488-am

I have poor quality picture of the connections on the back. but will get a better one when its not so dark outside.

the connection where the usb would go, is not actually a normal size usb port, its slightly smaller, but i believe this attaches to a larger plastic connection.

I don't think the 'audio unit' is made by Sony, rather it is a Ford own make product or possibly made by Blaupunkt. The sticker on the unit says "Made in Portugal", where Blaupunkt have a production facility.

I think i can shed some light on all this now. after hours and hours of reading forums from all over the world.

I know this is mondeo, but has helped alot.

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic....d/776290/tp/39/

looks to me if you have the bluetooth module i mentioned above of the one in the forum i have just posted a link too. all you need is ford part: 1543691 plus the trim for the usb port and 3.5mm - havent found out what these are and would depend on your trim colour.

I am ordering this part within the next few days, so will post once i have received and tested it.

can anybody tell me the easiest way to check the number of the BT mobule...where is it located and how do you get at it?

The cable I have ordered my not work. I have requested pictures and more info on this. I will keep you updated though

The cable I have ordered my not work. I have requested pictures and more info on this. I will keep you updated though

Heya to clear it up, the RADIO is made by Visteon, Essex, UK.

Hey everyone. the cables and bits came today. plugged it all in and it didnt work. I think i need the stereo software to be upgraded (like in the magazine)

Does anyone have access to the Etis Downloads to get the required software for the upgrade?

If not i guess its a trip to ford to ask them.

Steven

managed to get onto etis. but dont have access to the download. i get this:

HTTP Status 403 -

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

JBoss Web/2.1.3.GA

What a load of rubbish, unless someone has access to it looks like i may have to go to ford.

Now that sucks quite a bit. Ford wont download the updating software for me - and they wont do it for free, they want to charge an hours labour to update the stereo with their IDS.

Anyone got access to the download?

Hi Steven, Where did you get the cables from? was it easy to fit? How much? I think Ford are being a bit tight charging you for the update. Anyway let us all know how you get on.

Thanks

Hi Steven, Where did you get the cables from? was it easy to fit? How much? I think Ford are being a bit tight charging you for the update. Anyway let us all know how you get on.

Thanks

I got the cables from http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

I havent fully fitted it yet. Just plugged it in to see if it worked - Plugs into the bluetooth Module behind the glove box if you have a bluetooth Module. Cost for all the cables / adapters / Trim was about £50 with p+p

But im yet to get the update. Scouring the internet for it at the moment (Someone must have it)