Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

clearly an insane idea, something i will not be involved in. im happy just playing around with the stereo

LOL it was most definately a joke Steve, its not only insane but also foolish... although i'm slightly intreuged to see if it could be done lol

LOL it was most definately a joke Steve, its not only insane but also foolish... although i'm slightly intreuged to see if it could be done lol

i know it was a joke :)

I would love to be able to something like that (im talking about the playstation controller here) would be insanely cool.

Its not like we havent gained anything from this.. we have sourced all the parts, fitted them and now i have got ford updating the software on thursday.

And did all this after Ford told me that it couldn't be done.

I have been quite happy finding out about all this, and hasnt really cost that much. probably more than it would if i had the choice when i got the car. But hey... im not fussed :)

But if i didnt have any bluetooth or vc i would have probably gone into ford and got them to quote to source and fit the whole lot.

If anyone wants a Bluetooth Module without the USB enabled PM me or it will be on ebay soon.

Sorry Steve i think you misunderstood me. I was refering to the fact that if Bigjock wanted to go down the route of installing the factory fit bluetooth/ voice control, then it could be a costly option for him to replace his head unit, centre console, and all the bluetooth/vc parts. Was not refering to your perseverence (hat off to you for that).

The thing is, whatever car you drive, the forums are a valueble source of information. Where people can pool their knowlege together and help sort problems :D

And i had a phonecall from the dealers this morning to tell me my parts for my mondeo were in to do the USB retrofit. So thats a job i will be tackling at the weekend.

WHATTTTS THE STATUSSSSS STEVE, GIMMMIE SOME GOOD NEWS!!!

Car is still at the dealers. At work at the moment, probably pick it up a bit later, then i will post on here to let you know the outcomme.. then drive home and then make a guide if its all working

And yet again..... disappointment, mainly from ford <_<

Basically, they said the car has everything enabled to have USB, the guy doing the work was as confused as i am right now... He tried loads - run many diagnostic tests from IDS. IDS claimed there were faults there that weren't (like the voice control wasnt working, when clearly it was).

So what now? The guy says that he wants the car booked in again, and it will get priority over other cars :rolleyes: So will probably have a whole day spent looking at it. He was concerned that the BT module was possibly faulty. but before he can say yes its faulty and get ford to order a new one he has to check the cables, so he is ordering in all the cables, so they can be checked (pointless to me, they are just usb cables). then they can go to the next stage in IDS, which he thinks is the bluetooth module, so if it comes down to that, they probably can order a new one.

He confirmed all the parts were correct, and was going to double check again.

My guess is that its maybe the module. because he explained that parts like these are plug and play, no software upgrades needed anymore. So looks like we're all going to have to wait that little bit longer, sorry people. Hopefully will get my car booked in for Monday/Tuesday, and I am determined not to leave ford until it is working.

• Like 1

that could mean good news though....for us...in that if it is plug and play....we just need to source bits...mmmm.....ta for update, hope its sorted soon! :)

Steve. This must be sooo frustrating for you. So close to success, yet something keeps throwing up obsticles.

Steve. This must be sooo frustrating for you. So close to success, yet something keeps throwing up obsticles.

yes indeed it is. I was in a fowl mood with everyone last night because it annoyed me so much.

But now we have snow.. so i dont care about it today :)

lol cheers for the update Steve.... When are you booking it in again?

Booked it in today for the 30th :( only day they have

The retrofit should be just plug and play. The mondeo/s-max usb retrofit is well documented as just a plug and play installation. I cant see any difference between them and the Fiesta's. Im just really glad we ordered the wife's with usb to save the expense and the hassle. But why USB, along with bluetooth cant be a standard feature on any car i dont know

Why did I read that and think it said &#33;Removed&#33;?

Why did I read that and think it said &#33;Removed&#33;?

A though on ya mind?? something you wana share Keith!? :lol:

As frustrating as it would be...be nice to see the module being faulty that you got Steve and hope it IS just plug n play...

do hope for your sake though it don't drag out much longer....keep going buddy!! we all rooting for ya!! :)

As frustrating as it would be...be nice to see the module being faulty that you got Steve and hope it IS just plug n play...

do hope for your sake though it don't drag out much longer....keep going buddy!! we all rooting for ya!! :)

I believe the module is plug and play, just happens that mine is probably faulty, well i hope it is because if not im lst for ideas.

I've had the whole lot all out again, checking connections for solder joins (just in case), checking all cables are ok. replugging everything in. Even reset the whole centre console (disconnect battery for 10 mins)

Still nothing, so roll on the 30th.. Could be a new years present from Ford lol.

ps. I have been taking pictures for the guide, might get round to writing it when im bored at work in the week

Well sorry to rub a bit of salt into the usb wounds. But been out this afternoon and retrofitted my mondeo with usb. Very straight forward, and was all just plug and play. Now shows on the Blaupunkt and Converse+ "usb", "Ipod", "Bluetooth"(for audio streaming), "Line in" :D

Now for sale is my old USB module.

Well if Steve Dark's retrofit comes in the end to fruition, then i just thought i'd let you know that there is a market out there for you old bluetooth modules. I have just sold the old module from my mondeo on eBay for £85 :D

I guess i should shed some light, sorry i didn't reply sooner have been busy at work past few days.

Anyway, took it to ford, they phoned me up half way through the day saying, it wont work, we've tried everything, even tried in another car and my ipod didnt work in there.. I went down there and found they were using an iPod lead, not the ford Y cable (Muppets).

Anyway, we tried it in their showroom car and it worked fine.

Tried in my car and you can see all the playlists/artists/albums etc. Further than before, this time ford decided to Enable the USB on the cars computer.

Problem is when you click to play the song, the stereo just jumps back to Line-In.

Has anyone seen this before? my local ford dealers haven't. Im going to go back in during the week because they said they would phone ford technical about it (ford technical dont work between xmas and new year).

The guys there were thinking that the module may be faulty, but I personally dont think this is the case. I think they dont know what they are doing.

I've emailed the company i got the module from and they say its covered by my dealers warranty, so thats good news if it is faulty. But I also asked if there were different models of head units (Just in case there are)

I now wish i never bothered with this, taking far to much time to do something probably quite simple.

• Like 1

dont give up yet buddy!

Does sound like a faulty unit tho,...esp as the other member here said he just fitted it straight in to his mondeo and it worked!!!

Keep going, we thinking of you :)

Just followed this entire thread, Pity you couldn't get it working Steve.

I really want USB + A2DP on my BT + VC fiesta. I wanted a car immediately, and I didn't have the option of USB (despite wanting to).

Has anyone actually asked a dealer/fitter to do all the legwork for you? Maybe it would be cheaper. No reason we should pay ~£200 for a £50 upgrade at factory.

I'm gonna ask some dealers tomorrow if they can do this for me, instead of me having to buy the parts. Surely a dealer can do this for you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club