Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Just followed this entire thread, Pity you couldn't get it working Steve.

I really want USB + A2DP on my BT + VC fiesta. I wanted a car immediately, and I didn't have the option of USB (despite wanting to).

Has anyone actually asked a dealer/fitter to do all the legwork for you? Maybe it would be cheaper. No reason we should pay ~£200 for a £50 upgrade at factory.

I'm gonna ask some dealers tomorrow if they can do this for me, instead of me having to buy the parts. Surely a dealer can do this for you.

First thing i did was to ask the dealer to do it for me, they said they couldnt, had to be done in the factory

cant believe how difficult it is proving to retrofit this.

Anyway for people who are interested in a "factory fit look" to bluetooth and the added bonus of satnav built into their car. I stumbled across these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Din-DVD-GPS-Player...=item3ca6b8204d

Looks a smart bit of kit, a bit pricey mind but you are getting bluetooth, usb, ipod and the bonus of colour sat nav

cant believe how difficult it is proving to retrofit this.

Anyway for people who are interested in a "factory fit look" to bluetooth and the added bonus of satnav built into their car. I stumbled across these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Din-DVD-GPS-Player...=item3ca6b8204d

Looks a smart bit of kit, a bit pricey mind but you are getting bluetooth, usb, ipod and the bonus of colour sat nav

wow thats some crazy kit! I can't make my mind up if i like it, the gloss finish dosent really go with the rest of the car interior which is sort of a brushed finish

• 3 weeks later...

Suppose i should pick back up on this.. have had a break from it for a while..

Im going go down the route of "Yeah, its stopped working" but in another dealers. Considering the new BT mod is under my warranty.

Suppose i should pick back up on this.. have had a break from it for a while..

Im going go down the route of "Yeah, its stopped working" but in another dealers. Considering the new BT mod is under my warranty.

And they wonder why people don't get great customer service.

And they wonder why people don't get great customer service.

the part is under warranty, thus i am entitled to take the car to ford and say its not working.

the part is under warranty, thus i am entitled to take the car to ford and say its not working.

Fine, take it out and take it to Ford and let them check it.

But you are not entitled to take it there in situ and lie and tell them you had the USB done at the factory and it has stopped working like you insinuated in your previous thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CHEAP, EASY, SOLUTION!!

EVERYONE has a 3.5mm AUX input... well put it to good use with A2DP!!

Get one of these eBay LINK.

With this i guess we can connect it to the power source.. the 12v power socket.. and then with phono to 3.5mm you can connect the block to the phono cable and there ya go.

You can hide IT ALL under the gearstick so you wont see any cables. And you can still use your aux if needed. Then just A2DP your phone to the tiny hidden unit and there ya go.????

Good idea?

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CHEAP, EASY, SOLUTION!!

EVERYONE has a 3.5mm AUX input... well put it to good use with A2DP!!

Get one of these EBAY LINK.

With this i guess we can connect it to the power source.. the 12v power socket.. and then with phono to 3.5mm you can connect the block to the phono cable and there ya go.

You can hide IT ALL under the gearstick so you wont see any cables. And you can still use your aux if needed. Then just A2DP your phone to the tiny hidden unit and there ya go.????

Good idea?

The cheap and easy solution is to make sure you order the USB when you get the car or make sure you buy a car with it already installed. ;)

Bit of a stupid thing to put as its a bit late for people that didn't order it isn't it.

That piece of kit is a good idea and you could probs splice into the cables underneath as you said. Only probs would be not having anything on the screen when everything is connected

Bit of a stupid thing to put as its a bit late for people that didn't order it isn't it.

That piece of kit is a good idea and you could probs splice into the cables underneath as you said. Only probs would be not having anything on the screen when everything is connected

It's almost as stupid as ordering something or buying something without the things you need. But, people go into these things and very expensive things like buying cars with their eyes shut, so more fool them. Wish I had a quid for every post on here asking about retrofitting items they didn't bother to spec when buying the car!

may be circumstances change for people which is why they want to retrofit something.

If your not going to help people in this thread about retrofitting bluetooth then don't post anything its very simple.

may be circumstances change for people which is why they want to retrofit something.

If your not going to help people in this thread about retrofitting bluetooth then don't post anything its very simple.

Soz, didn't realise you're a mod.

Maybe if people had done a search on here (the forum) before buying their car, a bit of research so to speak, they would have seen my constant posts about making sure they order the USB when buying the car as I believe anyone who doesn't is a fool.

Now, how good do you think that advise is?

Also, people may read this thread before buying the car, where they will see me state many times how it's a folly to buy the car without the USB, again, sound advise and a damn sight better than any advise you've contributed to this thread. ;)

Keith get over yourself... almost makes you wonder why people would buy a car the colour of excrement. When i was getting my new car i couldn't wait 12 weeks as i was without a car due to my previous one being stolen, so i had to buy one that was available from a dealer. I managed to get one in the colour i wanted with every option except the USB slot. i have bluetooth etc etc etc but i just wanted to do the a2dp streaming and you need the usb port for it.

Some people buy second hand cars as well unless you are unaware of this because you are so far up your own a$$ so unless you have something construction to put into this topic. Go bother another one!

• Like 1

Oh, how grown up you are.

Guess what, there are cars available all over the country, not just 3 mins walk from your house, but hey, you're the one with the problem, not me, my USB is working just dandy. :lol:

And there's nothing more constructive than "If you want a USB connection that integrates with the car, make sure you buy a car with it or else you'll end up spending fortunes on bits and pieces and still end up with no USB" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the singular best piece of advise in this thread, FACT!

Na i think my £20 idea is good enough to be honest because i will control it all from my iPhone anyway.

My car traveled 200 miles to me so don't assume i didn't look around.. your very arrogant aren't you.

• Like 1

Na i think my £20 idea is good enough to be honest because i will control it all from my iphone anyway.

My car traveled 200 miles to me so don't assume i didn't look around.. your very arrogant aren't you.

You may settle for mediocrity, but others might not. ;)

Arrogant? yeah, pretty much, but most people are when they know what they are talking about. ;)

Na i think my £20 idea is good enough to be honest because i will control it all from my iphone anyway.

Well said!

• Like 1

Keith you don't know about everyones circumstances when they were buying their cars.

If people needed car quickly or for any other reason and didn't get the usb then thats down to them, they are now trying to find out if they can put it in without much hassle.

Can we please get back to the topic in this thread.

Thank You

• Like 1

Keith you don't know about everyones circumstances when they were buying their cars.

If people needed car quickly or for any other reason and didn't get the usb then thats down to them, they are now trying to find out if they can put it in without much hassle.

Can we please get back to the topic in this thread.

Thank You

Did Steven Dark ever get back to us on updates with his bluetooth module?

For goodness sake - another slanging match. The simple fact is that cars HAVE been purchased without USB and some people DO want to add the option to there cars.

Yes, ok, the statement that the best option is to order the car with the feature in the first place is useful to anyone yet to buy their car - but for anyone who already has their car that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot if they aren't the Doctor or Doc Brown.

Keith - your comment on arrogance is a load of nonsense, you don't have to be dismissive simply because you have knowledge within a subject field.

• Like 1

For goodness sake - another slanging match. The simple fact is that cars HAVE been purchased without USB and some people DO want to add the option to there cars.

Yes, ok, the statement that the best option is to order the car with the feature in the first place is useful to anyone yet to buy their car - but for anyone who already has their car that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot if they aren't the Doctor or Doc Brown.

Keith - your comment on arrogance is a load of nonsense, you don't have to be dismissive simply because you have knowledge within a subject field.

Hey, if they want to think I'm arrogant then I'll play along with them, don't give a shiny one to be honest.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club