Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Yes and we don't give a shiny one about your contributions either!

Good, so stop frothing at the mouth when you read one.

Hey, if they want to think I'm arrogant then I'll play along with them, don't give a shiny one to be honest.

That's a separate point really.

Jordan - that's just inflammatory and not really helping now is it?

Good god people. who cares. If we want to retro fit usb then let us post about it.. its not affecting you in anyway, so if you dont have any useful suggestions why bother.

And Keith i had to retro fit because i bought my car out of the show room. it was wait 3 months forth the car, or take this one tomorrow. Only thing i would have been waiting for would have been the usb, other than that the car is how i would have ordered it.

I dont even want to be involved with this argument.

So has anyone made any progress on retro fitting the usb.. well any further than what i got, i havent been interested in it for a while as i now spend my weekends mountain biking.

Did you see the link to ebay to posted Steve?

Yep, i did see it, but kind of defeats the fact i cant control the iPhone from the stereo. And the reason i want the usb is so i can have a external hard drive connected to it in the secret hole.

Anyway, maybe when im bored and have some time i will just get it sorted.

Yep, i did see it, but kind of defeats the fact i cant control the iphone from the stereo. And the reason i want the usb is so i can have a external hard drive connected to it in the secret hole.

Anyway, maybe when im bored and have some time i will just get it sorted.

Steven - I assume you know the problems with the iPhone and the bluetooth audio interfering with cabled operation?

I've just finished a post that includes it...

See Here

Would hate for you to have it all put in and then be as frustrated as I am with using an iPhone via USB...

Steven - I assume you know the problems with the iPhone and the Bluetooth audio interfering with cabled operation?

I've just finished a post that includes it...

See Here

Would hate for you to have it all put in and then be as frustrated as I am with using an iPhone via USB...

Check my reply out :)

Im a bit of a stranger to this forum, but all I can say is fair play and thanks for all the updates Ste. I was in the same position as you (Black Fiesta in showroom with bluetooth but not usb) ive been dying to find out how to add usb - looks like its a hard slog!

Anyway if you do manage to get it sorted id love to find out the final answer on it all!

• 1 month later...

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CHEAP, EASY, SOLUTION!!

EVERYONE has a 3.5mm AUX input... well put it to good use with A2DP!!

Get one of these EBAY LINK.

With this i guess we can connect it to the power source.. the 12v power socket.. and then with phono to 3.5mm you can connect the block to the phono cable and there ya go.

You can hide IT ALL under the gearstick so you wont see any cables. And you can still use your aux if needed. Then just A2DP your phone to the tiny hidden unit and there ya go.????

Good idea?

I tried something similar in my Focus that has a 6000CD head unit, Aux port and bluetooth module, but no USB. Sadly if you still want to use bluetooth for hands free, the A2DP adaptor (I used a Blackberry one) fights with the bluetooth in the Bluetooth module (even though that doesn't support A2DP). They each grab a key Bluetooth profile on the phone so the adaptor and Bluetooth module in the car keep trying to steal the streaming functionality from the phone, each grabbing it for a few seconds. Stupidly, even though the Bluetooth module in the car doesn't support A2DP streaming, it still connects to the phone as if it would! I couldn't get it to work. Any one else manage it?

The only work around I could think of which is no good for me is to completely disable Bluetooth (and handsfree calling) on the head unit :-(

On the subject of the USB, I started ordering my car before they even got in to the country, and they were trying to get one of their first stock in as mine, but I forgot the USB (The reason I bought an Ipod!) So had to wait longer for one to be built to my new spec!

anyone had success with this? i'm tempted to just buy the usb/aux face and see if there's some cabling under there for a direct fit?

anyone had success with this? i'm tempted to just buy the usb/aux face and see if there's some cabling under there for a direct fit?

If it was that easy this thread wouldn't be 5 pages long. ;)

very true. so what exactly is the problem? i got fed up reading after the bitching...

8M5T-19G488 = BVC Lov

8M5T-19C112 = BVC High

Cable: I have: Ford-Cable Assy BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Finis: 1543691 Price: £20.14

THIS IS THE WRONG ONE THOUGH - IT IS TOO SHORT i have moved my bluetooth module so the cable reaches.

I believe you need: 8M5T-14D202-GA Dont have a finis code. And before you order this id check it is the right cable. as this was taken from ford etis info page on the software update.

so how do you find out what stereo you have, i've had a quick look under the glovebox but couldn't see much. if you have the 8M5T-19C112 type then all you need is the longer cable and trim piece and you're good to go, yes?

no updates required?

i've recently had my car in to ford for an audio problem and they updated the stereo to 8A6T-18C815-BP (sorry, the technicians handwriting is terrible so some letters could be wrong). could this allow for the usb feature to work *IF* i have the BVC High unit?

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes: well i did it just fitted bluetooth / usb /and voice control to my 2009 fiesta titanium all working verrrrry happy i got the car about a mounth ago but it never had bluetooth or usb or voice BUT i wonted it so did a google and it had a topic on here so rang up my m8 at fords and got him to email me the part numbers and prices to do it and the help of eBay

well i had to change the dash loom get a mic and plastic roof panel for mic to fit in found a topic on here about fitting a mondeo one with sun glasses holder that was a big help then blutooth + usb mod

steering wheel storks with speek button. radio unit with front must be one with extra phone buttons on it then a day to rip out the dash and fit new loom fit dash back and took to ford for software update at the cost of £88.13 and now its all working a1 no problems at all but it costs a lot to do £500 to £600 as new parts from fords but eBay was a big help with steering stalks and bluetooth and radio ect ect

so now fitted and all working i am very happy and i wish to thank all the hard work the other members did when thay had a go at fitting it to there cars and posted it on here for me to find and have a go my self thank you to all the members of ford owners club

mmmm what can i do next to my little ford ??? :D

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I've really got the need to find out whats needed to add the USB to a MK7. I've got the bluetooth option but not the ipod/usb.

I am 95% sure the special ford USB cable connects to the bluetooth module under the glovebox and that goes to the usb/aux unit by the gearstick. If you got these 2 items would it just work or would you then need to update the HU.

Pleaseeeee advise

Many thanks

Jordan

you have to have a new bit of loom that comes from the head unit to the usb port/aux port then to the usb bt unit its about £60 from fords your bluetooth unit must have a usb connection port on it if it has not then you have to get now bluetooth usb unit and then off to fords to get a software update cost of that is £88.13 inc vat for the update hope this helps

you have to have a new bit of loom that comes from the head unit to the usb port/aux port then to the usb bt unit its about £60 from fords your bluetooth unit must have a usb connection port on it if it has not then you have to get now bluetooth usb unit and then off to fords to get a software update cost of that is £88.13 inc vat for the update hope this helps

rog - how do you know if you have the required bluetooth module, i.e. does it have a different serial number or is it a case of there is simply a visible port where the usb cable is meant to go?

rog - how do you know if you have the required bluetooth module, i.e. does it have a different serial number or is it a case of there is simply a visible port where the usb cable is meant to go?

it will have a visible port where the usb cable is its under the glove box

awesome, i'll try and have a look. thanks :)

• 2 months later...

I have the wiring diagram for the new fiesta if some one need it, i bought the high unit and the usb lead with port, i wait for my service come, and will ask for the stereo firmware update...

if some one need the wiring diagram PM me.

if it is a stereo firmware update that is needed then let me know, i've tried a bluetooth/usb module in my car and it still wouldn't work, would charge the iPhone but wouldn't recognise it as a device.

so to get it workin in a car that already has bluetooth you'd need... a bluetooth with usb module, the appropriate cable and a firmware update on either the car or the stereo.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this case? I need get the update from somewhere, the Ford service want to charge me £88.12 for the software update...

• 3 months later...

hello

i have a ford focus CC with module 8M5T-19G488-EF (italian spoken language) that got broken last month and i want to replace it.

My radio is ford Blaupunkt travelpilot FX (the nav-radio with CD no with DVDs) that i have self-updated to SERVICE-PACK 4

Due to my module is an old version it dosen't have USB input, but i'm not so much interested on USB port as my radio has an SD-card slot.

My question are:

1) which module shall i buy if i want NO USB connection ?

2) which module shall i buy if i want an USB connection ?

3) BT audio streaming is available for which module ?

4) is an IDS connection necessary in case 1) or 2) ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club