Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The TronFez build thread

AlexBartlam

On 11/8/2017 at 9:21 PM, zain611 said:

How would you go about with the kurbed marks? My front left wheel has been mostly kurbed by the previous owners and I just hate it when black dirt sticks there making the wheel not look perfectly round. 

Also first time seeing proper pictures of your car. The tron look makes it stand out and doesn't ruin the look. 

Later I'm thinking of getting the door strips, mirror covers and door handles colour coded. I've been hearing of paintmodz so might ask for a quote. 

alloy wheel filler from Halfords is best bet, sand down the area first, if the curb rash flattens out then you probably dont need filler if it deep then yes you will, heres a video from chrisfix this is the video im using to restore them as i know its quality info and methods used. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQiqYlpxoY

thanks really pleased on how its turning out only owned it 18 months.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

No automatic alt text available.

not an update but an new purchase i will be making in the new year. this is for the mk2 focus but they are making one that will fir to the fiesta, it will look amazing imo

Image result for fiesta rs spoiler

or get this one smaller and cheaper. depends if i can get it pre-painted as the other one wont come painted. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

last meet of 2017 with rolling oval good laugh and awesome cars. cant wait for shows and meets in 2018.

26234492_2220902671269077_20379142_n.jpg

26234554_2220902577935753_1228606791_n.jpg

26637817_2220902601269084_339219199_n.jpg

tim and gang.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

first rolling oval meet of the year for me with the added extra of mudflaps and rear light tint, unfortunately the professional photographer didn't take any rear pics so dont have a rear pic to show 

IMG_5147.thumb.JPG.578ccd6331ec04fc1b7e19550a64ca02.JPGIMG_5155.thumb.JPG.727d206da9988b09a11d5a958d39e6cd.JPGIMG_5148.thumb.JPG.1f2f3fc1188fe776658b56aa1d04bae9.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking really good! Haven’t seen this thread for ages. Is your centre console wrapped or sprayed? The finish looks amazing on it, without being rude (I know I am being so sorry) I thought the carbon fibre looked common and the finish was poor. Coming back and seeing the difference tonight is like chalk and cheese. I don’t know how your pinstripes are so straight and how the curved bits are so inline with the cars contours, I know I couldn’t get it looking half as good. The wrap around the lights is a great touch too! Really unique looking car now and not something that looks like it was ram raided through Halfords. Your hard work has got you a worthy show Car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2018 at 12:08 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Looking really good! Haven’t seen this thread for ages. Is your centre console wrapped or sprayed? The finish looks amazing on it, without being rude (I know I am being so sorry) I thought the carbon fibre looked common and the finish was poor. Coming back and seeing the difference tonight is like chalk and cheese. I don’t know how your pinstripes are so straight and how the curved bits are so inline with the cars contours, I know I couldn’t get it looking half as good. The wrap around the lights is a great touch too! Really unique looking car now and not something that looks like it was ram raided through Halfords. Your hard work has got you a worthy show Car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thank you so much :smile: and thats the reason i took the carbon off looked terrible and tacky, iv sprayed the center console frozen white with a clear coat over it. the pinstripe i think i said before was the hardest thing iv done, it took many hours of laying and lifting and the bin was filled with scrapes because i wasnt happy and wasnt doing a half ar*ed job.

the curves were easier funnily enough after doing so many curves you get a nack for it and a steady hand is needed. befor show season i need to re do a few lines as the winter weather has lifted a few lines and the rear wrap needs redoing properly (i did it on a cold evening in December).

the wrap on the lights were an eBay buy off the missus it was a no from me to begin with but i gave in and actually really liked the out come. im so happy with the outcome and last year when i decided i want to go to shows id seen many cars which had the same sort of thing going, yes they look and sound good but i wanted to do something not many people had done  (to a fiesta) only a few have done this to a fiesta and i took my own take to it, the amount of love i get from the rolling oval club guys and people i see out and about, i see people take photos and turn heads and point puts a smile on my face as i know im got something unique.

the car is no where near finished, as above i want a spoiler and then take my attention to the engine and get that BHP figure up a bit.

• Like 1

The white centre console suits the paint. I don't know if I should get the centre console on mine sprayed either gloss black or panther black as the paint. It might complement the red dashboard but then I'm thinking it might comprise the originality of the car. A mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCi with these extras is rare so don't want to ruin the look. I'd say lights I've changed to LED however those can be easily swapped. 

Any updates on the spoiler? 

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

The white centre console suits the paint. I don't know if I should get the centre console on mine sprayed either gloss black or panther black as the paint. It might complement the red dashboard but then I'm thinking it might comprise the originality of the car. A mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCi with these extras is rare so don't want to ruin the look. I'd say lights I've changed to LED however those can be easily swapped. 

Any updates on the spoiler? 

if its a rare colour for the center then id leave it as its something not many have, and the spoiler hasn't been released yet, so i still dont know a definite price or what it looks like, iv only got a idea of it as they have a mk2 focus one which is the one i posed above. but as iv just started to rent a house all mods are currently on hold. 

• Like 1

finally got round to finishing off the interior plastics, just got to clear coat it then put it back on the car.

28276198_2293977410628269_861377610_o.thumb.jpg.12fc48d404cfe066bed69d5e0b474830.jpg

• Like 2

next mod is a-go for this week, got myself an RS spoiler off a guy in car club rolling oval, needs repainting but we are doing a straight swap so no cost to myself.

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

next mod is a-go for this week, got myself an RS spoiler off a guy in car club rolling oval, needs repainting but we are doing a straight swap so no cost to myself.

Did you install the painted centre console? Would be good to see pics

i will get one tonight i deleted most of my pics on my phone the other day, it looks really good anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2018 at 4:50 PM, zain611 said:

Did you install the painted centre console? Would be good to see pics

sorry i forgot to take a pic, heres sort of a side shot i took yesterday if i remember ill get a full pic at some point.

30729458_2381118325247510_8462657677179224064_n.jpg

• Like 2

awesome mini meet yesterday with rolling oval, and a great photographer was on point aswell. also since i last posted the RS spoiler is now on just need to paint it properly 30709826_2381118378580838_902648503228956672_n.thumb.jpg.82d95936b89cf0a1a899f38c8c55c8e7.jpg30727551_2381118351914174_5646638047157026816_n.thumb.jpg.3371633a6e8fccd0ea01b05f78904ea6.jpg30739315_2381118328580843_4500015395557605376_n.thumb.jpg.80f7282fce970391dadc8eefa8156ff8.jpg30716636_2381118415247501_7522809216659095552_n.thumb.jpg.f510dcaf94e113e9ecb99bbc823cc66d.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a rally car from behind. 👍 Did you use a drone to take the first pic. 

the centre console look good and loving the rs rear spoiler

On 4/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, zain611 said:

Looks like a rally car from behind. 👍 Did you use a drone to take the first pic. 

no the photographer who was taking all the pics stood on his sill on his car and then reached up with the camera above his head.

and im peed of as on of the rear mudflaps was ripped of on a curb it cot caught on revering into drive.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, b4zz said:

the centre console look good and loving the rs rear spoiler

cheers mate i love it also just need to paint the spoiler now

thanks mate all done now for ford fair look mint white and iv got overlays for the badges and the vent surrounds. and lego brick dust caps

IMG_4152.thumb.JPG.04a22c8bb7b53b8ec3c8d8c398335e7a.JPG
IMG_4154.thumb.JPG.cc6560a563dd34dfee72da71b7664938.JPG
IMG_4153.thumb.JPG.0b5b281053fe89e4e38db7b9e523aef7.JPG

Loving what you’ve decided nw there, want to do similar to mine (the stereo surround on mine is black, but the steering wheel and all the air vent trims is silver on mine- want to make it all white to match the outside). Did you do this yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, northern-matelot said:

Loving what you’ve decided nw there, want to do similar to mine (the stereo surround on mine is black, but the steering wheel and all the air vent trims is silver on mine- want to make it all white to match the outside). Did you do this yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks mate yes all the radio console and steering wheel was myself and i bought some gel overlays for the vents that just stick on.

if your going to spray them i will recommend sanding down the radio trims then prime, paint then gloss clear coat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

thanks mate yes all the radio console and steering wheel was myself and i bought some gel overlays for the vents that just stick on.

if your going to spray them i will recommend sanding down the radio trims then prime, paint then gloss clear coat.

Did you use a rattle can? Also, what did you search to find the overlays? If you had a link that would be great

58 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Did you use a rattle can? Also, what did you search to find the overlays? If you had a link that would be great

yes it was rattle can and i dont have the link to where i bought from but iv just seen these on DMB https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/843/gel-badge-rings-for-heater-vent-surrounds-mk6-mk7

• 2 months later...

well the time has come to sell the fiesta, due to a little one due in august i am in need of a 5 door, but as my blood runs blue ill be sticking to ford with a focus, im looking at a mk3 1.6 titanium 150HP, thats what i want but first iv got to sell the fiesta.

last weekend consisted with removing all the tron lines,, sold the wind deflectors and sold the induction kit this Wednesday to  mate of mine.

if i cant sell it i will part ex it at a garage so just got to find the right car, i will be looking at another white car or black car, and definitely wont be doing tron lines again, 

Sad to see the car go. Why not get the zetec s version of the focus? This is my opinion but if I got a car having a lot of these little extra features it's not like I'd using every single thing all the time. Definitely though get it with at least electric mirrors 

16 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sad to see the car go. Why not get the zetec s version of the focus? This is my opinion but if I got a car having a lot of these little extra features it's not like I'd using every single thing all the time. Definitely though get it with at least electric mirrors 

yeah i have had a look at the Zetec s but its mostly the power as the ZS had like 115-125 hp and the ones im looking at have 150 or if i find one the 180hp models. and iv sort of always wanted a Titanium lol. im that type of person to just buy gadgets for the sake of its cool so plenty for me to play with.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club