Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please can someone help

walesbluebird

Hi please can someone help

I've just brought a 2007 Focus 1.8 titanium and have noticed that the Aircon is constantly on but its not switched on any ideas why

many thanks

Rob

change the setting on the main knob put it to the left not straight up. that's the best way i can describe it sorry

If you have the direction set to windscreen the air con will automatically come on, change the air flow direction knob to a different setting and the air conditioning won't come on unless you turn it on manually.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, simcor said:

If you have the direction set to windscreen the air con will automatically come on, change the air flow direction knob to a different setting and the air conditioning won't come on unless you turn it on manually.

thats what i was trying to say lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrmetallica said:

thats what i was trying to say lol

I guessed that was what you were trying to get at lol 

We all have off days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, walesbluebird said:

thank you I will give that ago

Reply back here if it still does not work, perhaps with a bit more info.

I see it says Titanium, does that have the climate control option?

And does the light that indicates a/c on light up, or is it that you can hear / see / feel it running ?

A very good point Peter, if it has climate control then it is very different and usually there is an Eco switch that allows use of blowers without air con. Climate control is designed to use aircon all the time to keep the car at the temp you set it at, so if it has climate control then it is normal to be on all the time unless you switch it to eco mode.

Varies a bit from make to make but they all work pretty much the same way, whether air con or actual climate control.

• Like 1

sorry I have not replied

Tdci-Peter it does not have the climate control option

and yes I can hear / see / feel it running

3 hours ago, walesbluebird said:

it does not have the climate control option

and yes I can hear / see / feel it running

If it is running when the a/c light (above the a/c button) is out, then the fault almost has to be either: a/c relay (R11 in the engine bay junction box) is jammed on, a/c clutch is jammed on, or pcm faulty. Pull out the relay R11 to test.

If the a/c light remains lit, despite pressing the a/c on/off button, then the fault is in the button, its wiring to the GEM / BCM, or in the GEM itself. There is a GEM test mode, by holding in the rear window de-mister button while turning the igntion on. Then all GEM inputs (like door opening & indicators & a/c button) will sound a chime when activated.

yes it does run when the light is out so will try the relay test tomorrow

thank you

• Like 1