Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone suddenly wont connect to Ford Sync via Bluetooth or USB

Vamosdan

Hi all, i have a 2015 fiesta and i usually use my iPhone via bluetooth and ford sync, occassionally i will connect it using a USB cable if i wish to charge the phone at the same time. I have never had a problem until this morning.

I had the phone connected to Sync via bluetooth when i realised i couldnt change tracks using the steering wheel buttons, but thought nothing of it. I then later tried to connect my phone again and although it shows the battery and signal on the display on the dashboard it wont play the music, it shows the duration of the song incrementing (almost like it is trying to play) but no sound? i also tried to connect it via USB and again it does the same thing.

I thought it may just be my phone so tried my dads and its doing the exact same thing :( 

Any ideas? i unpaired, repaired etc but nothing seems to work, any help appreciated

I use a USB all the time just easier to connect up, but iv had this problem where it will connect up and play the song fine but using steering wheel/ radio buttons wont change it, so what i had to do (obviously while not driving) turn the car off and take keys out and open the door to turn the radio off, then i leave the phone unplugged and turn the car on turn radio on and when the radio is on aux i plug phone on or turn bluetooth on and cycle through modes till its the correct one USB or BT i then play music through spotify and it works as normal, sounds like a long process but maybe takes 2 mins to do it. hope this helps not had the problem like yours but had one similar :smile::smile:

I had this very problem with my old fiesta happened every few months. you need to re boot the system and the only way to do this is either disconnect the battery or remove the corresponding Sync Fuse behind the glove compartment. The fuse diagram can be seen in your manual or online. Just remove the fuse and leave it a few second and you will see on screen it disconnects the phone. AFter that just re insert the fuse.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club