Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

One of Stoneys mates

laumk7

Well I admit *hands up* last night in my frustration at every road I tried being closdd, I mightve been doing 80 on the motorway,  I had a beemer up my backside for a bit and then next to me, which I duly ignored given I now get this all the time. Then he pulled in front of me, still paying him no attention, until that is he stuck his blues on :shock: I slowed down considerably ready to be pulled.....and he drove off.

Should I expect something through the post for speeding? :cry: I've always been good, it was only sheer frustration tbh of being on the same road 3 times in a row (took over 2hrs to do 40 min journey to work) 

No it would've just been a warning to slow down. So keep smiling  :smile:

• Like 3

I'd take that as a warning, if you were going to get a ticket then you'd have been pulled over. 

Lucky though!!

• Like 4

It's a warning to slow down like Russ and Jamie have said.

• Like 2

I've had that a couple of times...once on the M180, the (then) girlfriend needed to poo (genuinely lol)

As my speed hit nin...seventy-three, a Volvo suddenly appeared to my right - you know the ones with the very bright battenburg pattern?

Yeah...a glance and a wag of the finger from him, a slight look of confusion followed by mouthing "oh sh...sorry!!" and slowing down and away he went...probably to Donny services for a poo...

2nd time, driving into Portsmouth and I missed the sign where it drops to 40 from 70. Passenger looked like he wanted to pull me - slightly older driver looked over and shook his head at me (to be fair, I had started slowing down - having realised it was now a 40 lol)

Much easier not to speed in the Mondeo...cruise control or speed limiter set and away I trundle lol

• Like 2

I think you were unlucky to even get noticed at just 80 on a motorway!! :ohmy:  ...if that's all it was anyway. :wink: 

I find as long as long as you're not driving like an idiot (undertaking, tailgating, 90+ etc) the police aren't too bothered about a little bit of speeding on a quiet dual carriageway round here at least.  They've got much better things to be doing! :smile: 

• Like 2

In my case looking for a decent cup of coffee 😉

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

19 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Well I admit *hands up* last night in my frustration at every road I tried being closdd, I mightve been doing 80 on the motorway,  I had a beemer up my backside for a bit and then next to me, which I duly ignored given I now get this all the time. Then he pulled in front of me, still paying him no attention, until that is he stuck his blues on :shock: I slowed down considerably ready to be pulled.....and he drove off.

Should I expect something through the post for speeding? :cry: I've always been good, it was only sheer frustration tbh of being on the same road 3 times in a row (took over 2hrs to do 40 min journey to work) 

Oh the joys of motoring.

12 hours ago, SeanW said:

2nd time, driving into Portsmouth and I missed the sign where it drops to 40 from 70. Passenger looked like he wanted to pull me - slightly older driver looked over and shook his head at me (to be fair, I had started slowing down - having realised it was now a 40 lol)

Was that one of Hampshire Constabulary's two well known unmarked BMW 535s?  One is always patrolling the M27, the other split between M275, A27 and A3

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club