Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Archaeologist

Hi guys, I am new to the forum.  Look forward to meeting you all soon...

I have recently purchased a 2001 Mondeo Mk3 2.5 V6 Ghia X and also a 2002 Focus Mk1 2.0 Ghia.  The last Ford I owned was a P100 Cortina pick-up - having not been a fan of Ford for some time!  My first car after passing my test was a red 1986 Fiesta Popular and it was a great car.  I traded it in two years later for my first new car, another Fiesta 1.0 Popular which was the proverbial "Friday afternoon car..." and utterly rubbish!  

So, I saw the Mondeo advertised fairly local to me and decided to take a look.  In Amparo blue with black leather the car looked great, and on the test drive I was very impressed - despite the fact that I realised I would have to replace the rear subframe bushes almost immediately!  I bought the car for £450 with 110k, a very comprehensive history and with almost imperfection-free paintwork.  However, the paintwork did not remain "imperfection-free" for long!  Whilst showing the car to our neighbour (a big Mondeo fan) I started the car from outside, forgetting the fact that I no longer had an auto...needless to say the car was in gear and lurched forward, but before I could grab the key it carried on across the road with me in hot pursuit.  Luckily this very kind telegraph pole stopped my car from going any further!  Unfortunately I was crushed between the car and the pole and was lucky not to be killed.  The car is in the paint shop having a new door fitted and painted, as well as the bumper repainted.  Its a first for me...but I can't recommend it!

The focus is a standby car (for eventualities such as this) and I bought this for £875 with 123k on the clock - another well maintained car.  Being the Ghia spec it has loads of extras including full black leather interior with heated seats, Xenon Headlights, Side Impact Airbags, ESP Stability Control And Cruise Control in Pepper Red metallic.

Anyway great to meet you all...

IMG_8348.jpg

IMG_8349.jpg

IMG_8350.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

• Like 1

Hello and welcome

Never start the car from outside hahahahaha OMG now i see why you have 2 cars :oops:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joss max said:

Hello and welcome

Never start the car from outside hahahahaha OMG now i see why you have 2 cars :oops:

Ha! I get the car back from the paint shop today - can't wait!  I don't know which is more bruised - me or my pride!  I guess I was lucky, we live on a very busy road and nothing was coming, otherwise....well, doesn't bare thinking about.  I will never skit my friend again, who when a wasp got into his wife's car when he was backing it out of the garage (my mate, not the wasp!), dived out of the car, leaving it running backwards and it ripped the drivers door off on the garage wall.  "Oh how the mighty are fallen, and the weapons of war vanquished"!

• Like 1

My V6 back from the paint shop looking pretty good, if I do say so myself!  It'll be getting the full treatment at the weekend.:laugh::laugh:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

16 hours ago, dezwez said:

looking very nice two :smile:

Cheers mate :biggrin:

And I am picking this up today; £200.  MoT until May 2017, 94k, bit of rust of the rear-nearside door bottom, unloved and neglected!  Needs a damn good service, but underneath the grime and mould (!) the car drives very well.  MoT history "patchy" in places :wacko:...but white is my favourite colour, and they're pretty rare to be honest.  The only worrying thing is a fluid leak...but it looks as if it could be related to the power steering as the pipe beneath the fluid tank (which is virtually empty by the way!) is wet.  With limited space, and no ramps, very difficult to say where its coming from.  With the long MoT, and the price, its a no-brainer really.  I may just clean it up, arrest the corrosion, and run it until the MoT is due and see what happens then.  Its a 2.5 V6 Zetec S automatic....no leather sadly!

IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

29 minutes ago, The Archaeologist said:

And I am picking this up today; £200.  MoT until May 2017, 94k, bit of rust of the rear-nearside door bottom, unloved and neglected!  Needs a damn good service, but underneath the grime and mould (!) the car drives very well.  MoT history "patchy" in places :wacko:...but white is my favourite colour, and they're pretty rare to be honest.  The only worrying thing is a fluid leak...but it looks as if it could be related to the power steering as the pipe beneath the fluid tank (which is virtually empty by the way!) is wet.  With limited space, and no ramps, very difficult to say where its coming from.  With the long MoT, and the price, its a no-brainer really.  I may just clean it up, arrest the corrosion, and run it until the MoT is due and see what happens then.  Its a 2.5 V6 Zetec S automatic....no leather sadly!

IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

that motor looks ok as it stands that not bad for 200 notes

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

that motor looks ok as it stands that not bad for 200 notes

Yes, I thinks its a steal...it just hasn't been well cared for recently.  Looks clean, but paintwork grubby, needs polishing up, inside apertures (doors/boot etc) green mould!  Rear subframe seems ok, but for £200 I am prepared to throw a bit of money at it and see how it goes.  If it pans out ok mechanically speaking I will get it up to top-notch.  There are MUCH better ones out there for a few hundred quid more, but I love white, and as I said Mk3's in white are rare.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club