Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Wind Deflector Thread...

TomsFocus

Lol, I know there seems to be loads of these atm!

But not this question.  Basically I don't have any local friends to help put the window up when I fit the Heko's to the Mk2.5.  Is there any way to get around that and stop it bouncing back?  And do they need the clips on the Mk2.5 or can I get away without?  Maybe use some extra adhesive, I was advised silicone on facebook?

Swapping engines doesn't phase me but I've never fitted deflectors before! :laugh: 

Cheers

Tom

i fitted team heko's by myself last week it was a bit fiddily and i had the problem of the window coming back down it worked after i put the clips in and then slowly raised the window back up to the clips it bounced back a couple times but it now goes back up automatically with no problems. hope this helped

Ah ok, well at least it's not impossible on your own then!

I've also just thought though, can I fit deflectors with power fold mirrors or will they hit them?

cant help you there mate. i dont have power fold mirrors, just thinking about it could you hold the deflectors where they would fit but not put them in so you can move them quickly if they go to hit them and activate the mirrors or have them closed and try to fit them that way. just a thought i had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I know there seems to be loads of these atm!

But not this question.  Basically I don't have any local friends to help put the window up when I fit the Heko's to the Mk2.5.  Is there any way to get around that and stop it bouncing back?  And do they need the clips on the Mk2.5 or can I get away without?  Maybe use some extra adhesive, I was advised silicone on facebook?

Swapping engines doesn't phase me but I've never fitted deflectors before! :laugh: 

Cheers

Tom

This youtube video may help you.  

that a good video, i watched that one when i did mine.

• Like 1

Or this one  

Edited by James
Sorry same video.

yes , fitting the deflectors is only a 1 man job

no , your wing mirrors will not hit the deflectors when folded

yes , they will stay in place without using the metal clips ( which were way too big anyway to fit in the window recess on the set i purchased ) - use additional tape / sealant if not using clips

close windows gradually , bit by bit , until fully pushed into place. - should be no drama with the window pressure sensor.

;-)

• Like 1

oh , and leave the windows closed for at least 12 hours after fitting , gives the window seals time to form into a new shape that fits around the deflector.........

:-D

Deflectors fitted this afternoon.  Didn't have any window issues after all!

Fronts are solid with extra double sided tape but I'm pretty sure the rears won't stay in though lol, I don't open the rear windows often but I'll just have to fit the clips if they do fall out.

Deflectors fitted this afternoon.  Didn't have any window issues after all!

Fronts are solid with extra double sided tape but I'm pretty sure the rears won't stay in though lol, I don't open the rear windows often but I'll just have to fit the clips if they do fall out.

I had issues with my rear Hekos. No more nails tape and windows closed for 24 hours and they seem pretty solid in there now with windows open at 60 (whereas before they would slip slightly with the windows closed).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They wouldn't even hold in place on their own while I put the window up, the gap seems a lot bigger on the back, but it might just be because they don't have the 'L' shape that fronts do.  Now going out so will see if they've stuck at all lol...

yxVPltE.jpg

Are they the Heko ones? I managed to get mine to stay in place with the clips while closing the windows. They are a very loose fit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah they're Hekos, rather not use the clips if I can get away without but may have to!

i only bought the front window kit , wasnt that bothered about the rear deflectors

back seat passengers can stick their heads out the window for all i care.........  ;-)

The rear ones cost an extra pound, for that I wasn't bothered if they fell out lol.

They will need the clips though so that's a job for tomorrow.  Fronts have stuck well but both windows bounce.  Do I just have to wait for them to bed in to stop that?

mine did that but how i stopped that was i put clips in the front and then nudged the window back up not auto so it can slowly go into the clips it bounced a few times but couple times doing that it stopped and now goes up without problems 

When I installed my heko's I did so with the windows closed. Easy it was as you have the glass to guide you in. Lowered glass and raised it a few times on each window with out any issue.

I then removed the heko's removed the protective film and the backing off the sticky tape, then popped them back in with the windows closed again.

There was no need for the clips.

Mine didn't come with protective film, nearside one arrived with a few scratches. :sad:

Anyway, fitting the clips has worked on 3 windows, just one still keeps bouncing...the drivers one! :rolleyes:. I can't even see what the issue is, it has broken at the top corner, must be me putting it in but dont see why that should stop it, if anything it give it more room.

So the drivers went up fine once this afternoon, assumed it was sorted...  But bounced every time since.

I also didn't think about how thick they make the a pillar, junction and roubdabout visibility on the driver's side is reduced a fair bit.

And i can see the clip which is irritating.

I have a feeling they won't be staying in long...  I should really stop buying mods!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club