Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk 3 Central Locking

Pogo

Hi,

After some help or advice. I have a MK3 mondeo and the central locking has stopped working on the left hand rear door. Is this a common fault? Is it likely to be the door itself or the drivers door as I know this controls the whole system.

Cheers for any help given

first things to check would be the wiring at the rear door piller for damage and remove the rear door card to check for any broken connectors or rods.

first things to check would be the wiring at the rear door piller for damage and remove the rear door card to check for any broken connectors or rods.

Done all that, motor doesn't move when I operate remote or the drivers door lock.

I tested this with a multi meter and when I operated the key it quickly flicked to 12v, but I've no idea how long its supposed to stay for or if the flick of the voltage is enough to operate the door lock mechanism

it sounds like a sticking or faulty central door lock motor or mechanism..try a good lube around the mechanism if that does not work you might need a new motor.

Motor definitely, only takes a shot of 12v to get one of them working.

They are fairly universal things, shouldn't be too pricey, find one second hand easy enough.

Piggy :)

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on the front passenger door.. the central locking doesnt work on that door.. It can be annoying at time if you carry passengers.. but since I drive around alone its no fuss :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club