Do Not Sell My Personal Information

lowering my ford focus zetec s

jabbsy83

Hello guys. I was wondering if you could help me. I'm new to all this and also new to owning a ford. I have a mk2.5 1.6tdci and was looking to lower it by 30mm I have already ordered the springs from Eibach. I was wondering as my car is currently sitting on 18s would I have any issues. And is there anything I will need to do to get the most from my ride. Also does anyone have a mk2.5 zetec already lowered. I would love to see what it looks like. Thabks in advance guys  jonathan

IMG-20160909-WA0004.jpeg

mind your zetec will be lowered by 15mm over stock anyway, so a 30mm drop will only be an additional 15mm

you will be fine with the 18 rims and the 30 springs, some of the chaps on here will have pictures they can show you

• Like 1

Eibach is a good choice. The car will look great. Have you measured how high it is now on the front and back ?

A 30 mm drop is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63aa981b8969e6ddf85028a33ddbb09a.jpg

Not a 2.5 but mk3 and this is how a 325mm front and back setup looks like. Front was 340 and rear 350 mm.

Your drop will look nice but if you only ordered the sprigs and no shock absorbers it will be incomplete.

Thank you. All my cars I have lowered I have only ever changed the springs. I can get 3/4 fingers between the tyre and wheel arch. So that's why I only went 30mm. An old friend had an focus that's lowered by 50mm but I no longer see him nor have contact to ask him how he managed it..

I was also told my existing shocks would be fine. By a highly recommended fitter . He told me if I was to go any lower then he would of advice me to change shocks. So I'll put them on and I'll put up some after photos . Thanks guys

The Eibach Pro-Kit springs can be used with the original shocks without any problem. The Eibach springs are an original Ford accessoire that can be ordered and installed by every Ford dealer. This kit is always installed by Ford combined with the original shocks.

After lowering the car the pistons of the shocks are at a different position of the shock cilinders than  before. If the shocks are already worn a bit this can reduce the lifetime of the shocks significantly. This basically means that keeping or replacing the shocks when lowering depends on the mileage of the shocks.

• Like 1

from my understanding, in an ideal world changing the shocks is best with the coils but I think ford even use the same shocks with the 30 springs so it should be ok, of course of you were doing both then why not just go for some coilovers instead :)

I think 40 is as low as you want to go, you will start having issues going lower and will cost you more plus limit your steering.

when mine need replaced ill swap them all for 30s, its not much lower than the 15s that are already on it but if the job needs done then it might as well be done right.

• Like 1

I am curious as to what settings you have now.

Measure centre hub cap to fender edge. This is what KW calls measurement B for those who cannot access the shock and measure properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK mate so measure from the centre cap (middle) to the wheel arch and I'll come back with the measurements.  I can get 4 fingers between wheel and arch in the back and 3 fingers front.

I have spoke to a guy at grease monkey performance he told me 30mm will sit nicely with no issues. And no need to change anything other than the springs itself. He said if I were to go lower then he would advice me to change shocks and the rear chamber 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club