Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Why do STs attract cretins?

laumk7

Near on every time I'm on the motorway  (5 nights / mornings a week  - on way to / from work), my car seems to attract cretins!

They're either up my backside or next to me trying to egg me on to race them.

I'm sitting there patiently trying to get my best mpg and well...I'm 40 odd why am I going to 'race' anyone? My acceleration is for overtaking safely not to spend on you

Other thing is ' my invisible car' where people will just pull out on you

Even this morning I've had an old bag try and Tbone me through her inattention on the roundabout, my horn works :laugh:

• Like 4

I had a good one yesterday in the ST, I was on a wide single carriageway so doing '60'ish and suddenly see an M5 appear in my RVM, not sure he wanted a race but he certainly wasn't happy with my lack of speed, didn't slow down at all, just shot past at at least 90, he didn't look in control of the car but carried on at the same speed!  I did wonder if it was stolen but it was so quick I didn't catch the reg and don't have a dash cam in the Fiesta. 

Other than that, no-one has ever tried to race it sadly, would like to know how it fares against similar cars. :sad:  In fact, as I take it to a lot of new local places round the backroads I'm usually lost I find lots of 'normal' cars and vans up my backside which I just pull over to let pass at the first opportunity lol.  I hate holding people up, makes me feel awful, don't understand how some old people can do it all day every day. :laugh: 

Roundabouts wind me up no end though...  I seem to be giving way to the left more than the right lately!  Not sure if I'm just pulling out too quick (if there's a gap I'll go for it) or if people just generally couldn't care less and blankly follow the car in front without looking. :unsure: 

• Like 1

Pheromone's

a chemical substance produced and released into the environment by female ST3 drivers, especially a ST3  and the exhaust gas, affecting the behaviour or physiology of others of its species.

• Like 3

To be honest it's not just the St, mines nothing special but I get it as well, idiots of all makes and models. Thing is some people don't realise it's not always about the car you drive, its how you drive it. Just because you have extra ponies doesn't mean your better, I have shown a few cars that...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get challenged all the time.

Some plum in a Seat Cupra tried it on earlier leaving a Sainsbury's carpark.

I didn't even countenance it.

Funny thing is that I happened to know that there were 2 armed response BMW about a half mile down the road.

Bet he had kittens when he saw them 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 6

Shame you didn't bear bate him like I did before lol

• Like 1

I had the missus on board and she doesn't understand these things.

It is handy having my issue radio in the glovebox at times though 😉

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Even better!

I've been getting this a lot recently. Yesterday got to some traffic lights which went green just as I got there, so went straight through. A BMW driver must have thought I was trying to race him just because my car doing 20 mph was going faster than his doing 0 mph, so he appeared on my bumper just as I was indicating to move over and let him through (I had got to 40 but he/she obviously didn't care for the speed limit). Then he suddenly undertook me, and it was a good thing I double checked what he was doing or he would have caused a serious accident.

for some reason roind my end most not all but most BMW drives are just incompetent they just dont care iv had a number of BMW's nearly wright me off, iv had a lad in a seat ibiza try to beat me off the line he was in the wrong lane but wanted to go my way he tried to under cut me but had no chance thing is mines only 1.0L ecoboost hahaha

i guess its true what you said its not the car its how you drive it 

• Like 3

Early one morning....just as the sun was rising....I was on my merry way in my 'dark-horse' Volvo V70 T5 290bhp.  There was literally nowt on t'road when this c*ck in a Vectra SRi (I hate them with a vengeance!!!) tried to climb into the back of the estate.  After a couple of hundred yards, in true Sweeney style, he dramatically swung the car out onto the other lane to overtake me.  I adjusted my tweed trilby to a jaunty angle, checked the crease in my Farrah slacks, and took off.  I checked my speedo and I was a ton up (foolish I know) but what tickled my funny-bone was the view in my mirror of this Vauxhall Sh*tRi 200 yards back STILL in the oncoming lane, probably thinking to himself "ah, THAT'S why the police drive V70 T5's!!....".  A prize chump in the making.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, The Archaeologist said:

Early one morning....just as the sun was rising....I was on my merry way in my 'dark-horse' Volvo V70 T5 290bhp.  There was literally nowt on t'road when this c*ck in a Vectra SRi (I hate them with a vengeance!!!) tried to climb into the back of the estate.  After a couple of hundred yards, in true Sweeney style, he dramatically swung the car out onto the other lane to overtake me.  I adjusted my tweed trilby to a jaunty angle, checked the crease in my Farrah slacks, and took off.  I checked my speedo and I was a ton up (foolish I know) but what tickled my funny-bone was the view in my mirror of this Vauxhall Sh*tRi 200 yards back STILL in the oncoming lane, probably thinking to himself "ah, THAT'S why the police drive V70 T5's!!....".  A prize chump in the making.

I can't deny that I've done that a few times, only when safe of course, and having been provoked!  The satisfaction it brings is priceless.

• Like 1

I deren't add to this post! :rolleyes: Oh what the heck..................

When I had my MKII RS2000 I was always getting idiots trying to race me and lost count by the idiots on my !Removed! who thought they was on a BTCC race, so one day I was chatting to my friend asking if he gets idiots trying to race him too, he replied 'yes' but he had a solution to make these idiots back off and he had a old chrome washer jet attached to his lower bumper! at first I was puzzled at his device, but then it all became clear or not so clear for any car up his trumper, the jet blew out oil!!! Straight out of a Bond movie or what:ohmy:

In his boot was a washer bottle fixed to the side, wired up to a switch by the side of his steering wheel, then wired to the car battery, the washer bottle was filled with thinned down old engine oil [white spirit] and the washer pipe led out the back of the car to the washer jet, the oil which was thin enough to spray the front of a car! Any car up his a*rse was soon given a quick blast of his concoction and he said he'd see the following car put on his wipers, then back off and eventually he was gone, most likely pulled up to clean their windscreen. I never did this mod myself but went out in his TI Sunbeam with him and within minutes there was a prat behind us and my mate said 'flick the switch for a few seconds' and did so!! The car behind soon backed well off.....lol Yes it was ruddy dangerous but by god it was funny to see!!

• Like 4

My dad occasionally gets baited in his ST220. But we share a common observation - most of those baiting seem to be cretins in Fiesta ST150s and the latest Fiesta STs.

I got a great video of one such idiot in an ST who was driving extremely dangerously. Posted it on Youtube (on a channel I won't share) and then got abuse because the driver saw it!  I am sure the police felt her collar though as it really was shocking driving.

So yes, you hate other drivers and I am not a fan of some ST drivers :) Present company excepted, of course.

• Like 2

Back When i had my toyota yaris one evening after i had packed up fishing and got stuck in mud i had a thick layer or mud on my tyres and had picked up a load of gravel, pulled out on the main road and a van flew up behind me i didnt speed off becuse i knew of the gravel, he flashed and paped his horn, changed down a gear and spayed his van in mud and gravel lets just say he backed off.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

I deren't add to this post! :rolleyes: Oh what the heck..................

When I had my MKII RS2000 I was always getting idiots trying to race me and lost count by the idiots on my !Removed! who thought they was on a BTCC race, so one day I was chatting to my friend asking if he gets idiots trying to race him too, he replied 'yes' but he had a solution to make these idiots back off and he had a old chrome washer jet attached to his lower bumper! at first I was puzzled at his device, but then it all became clear or not so clear for any car up his trumper, the jet blew out oil!!! Straight out of a Bond movie or what:ohmy:

In his boot was a washer bottle fixed to the side, wired up to a switch by the side of his steering wheel, then wired to the car battery, the washer bottle was filled with thinned down old engine oil [white spirit] and the washer pipe led out the back of the car to the washer jet, the oil which was thin enough to spray the front of a car! Any car up his a*rse was soon given a quick blast of his concoction and he said he'd see the following car put on his wipers, then back off and eventually he was gone, most likely pulled up to clean their windscreen. I never did this mod myself but went out in his TI Sunbeam with him and within minutes there was a prat behind us and my mate said 'flick the switch for a few seconds' and did so!! The car behind soon backed well off.....lol Yes it was ruddy dangerous but by god it was funny to see!!

Superb!!

• Like 1

Another benefit of driving a white car, and wearing a hi-viz jacket to work, is that I am often mistaken for 'Old Bill'.  You'd be amazed how many people slam on when overtaking you, or slow down coming the other way.  Love it.  I passed a woman the other day in traffic; she was on her mobile (as most young women are!) and when she saw me she dropped it as if it was red hot!!

A friend of mine worked in London many years ago and he would travel home on Friday's at break-neck speed (when you could still actually move on the motorway!), ton-up all the way in his little 1.6 Cavalier rep-mobile.  One Friday he was motoring up the M6 in the outside lane and ahead of him was a black Porsche and a black BMW apparently racing.  In his trusty little Vauxhall he got right up behind the BM flashing his lights for them to move out of the way into the middle lane which was clear.  After a couple of hundred yards the passenger in the BM reached over onto the back seat, picked up his traffic hat and pointed to it....then pointed to the hard shoulder!  My mate and the Porsche driver both got booked.  As you can imagine Officer Dibble was NOT impressed with my mates speed...or manners on the road!

• Like 3