Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sat nav antenna cable

filandeb

2011 Focus MK 3 titanium X

I've found one end of the sat nav antenna cable by the roof mounted aerial (blue Fakra). Has anyone any idea where the other end of this cable can be found? It's not in any of the harnesses behind the radio/sat nav screen.

Try looking behind the driver side A pillar cover.

You should find either a full cable to follow or at least a connector for linking to.

Sent from my SM-G930F

try behind the n/s trim panel that attaches to centre console trim. think i saw it .

why are you looking for it?

Because I've retrofitted the factory sat nav. using parts I obtained from a Fiesta. It all works and I haven't lost anything I previously had, Had to buy the antenna base from Ford along with the bezel that goes round the screen .The previous screen was smaller so I can't see all of the new one and the old bezel doesn't have  an SD card slot. I'm currently using a GPS antenna wedged under the dash at the front, but I've fitted the sat nav antenna base on the roof and want to use that. I've partly removed the A pillar trims on both sides. Found a harness under both but I can't separate the trim where it meets the dashboard, surely I don't have to take the dash out to free the ends up?

Pull the trim from the top towards the dash and the bottom will unhook.

Sent from my SM-G930F

i didnt notice any gps cables when i had my a pillar trims off. its a bit of a fiddle to refit the trims. but as clive said it unhooks at the bottom. i didnt bother with original gps fitment , i bought antenna and fitted inside the rainsensor trim surrounding mirror so had good gps signal.

does voice guidance work ok?

OK, thanks both, I'll have another go at the trims tomorrow.

Yes I get verbal instructions from the sat nav (through the radio which has to be on) and the voice command system works (as well as it ever did) so does bluetooth which other thread suggest seems to take hit when you make changes in this sort of area. The GPS antenna I've currently got fitted seems to work OK in spite of the heated windscreen, which I expected to block it. I want to try and get it as close to factory as I can. By the sounds of things you did something similar, any details?

I have the standard gps antenna as factory fitted but also have an antenna for my dashcam (so I can get speed/location data from my recorded footage) tucked between the roof and headliner above the windscreen.

Perfect signal at all times.

Sent from my SM-G930F

i didnt go for original gps due to other models having issues, and ease of fitment. signal quality is spot on placed by the mirror, it is hidden completley with cable running down n/s a pillar.

as i have the later sync , i had to fit a couple of wires between audio unit and sat nav display for voice guidance to work. my satnav display came from a ranger.

• Like 1

Found it. As iantt suggested, it was behind the centre console nearside trim panel just above floor level, in a group with the back and white FM/AM and DAB aerial Fakra connectors. The cable doesn't go down either A pillar, it looks like it comes along the floor in the main floor harness. Not sure I'm a great fan of clip together plastic panels though. To my mind, screws, nuts and bolts seem a lot better (and easier to find where the fixing points actually are) still I suppose it's cheap.

Many Thanks both

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club