Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 - Titanium 2016 update

TheHighlander

Hi Guys,

I've not long bought a new Ford Focus Titanium 2016 car but have been having quite a lot of issues unlocking all the features. At present I believe I've got Sync3, however ford have just released "Apple Carplay" functionality but I cant get this to work or for the car to search for updates - despite reading all the guides.

Can anyone help?

Sync 3 doesn't get added until Foci built from something like 19th Sept so I've read.

Yours will be Sync 2 if you have a touch screen.

The Focus MK3.5 has SYNC 2. SYNC 2 is basically a redesigned version of the 2011 USA My Ford Touch system.

The new SYNC 3 system is in Europe currently only available on the Mondeo MK5, S-max MK2 and Galaxy MK5. All other Ford models will follow at a later time. The Focus MK3.5 may probably not get the SYNC 3 system at all. Ford is expected to release the SYNC 3 system in the new Focus MK4 next year.

Any further info on when owners, will  receive updates on their Ford Focus Mk3.5's fitted with Sync 2 either OTA, "Over the Air"

or online downloads over internet....??

Officially SYNC updates on European Ford models can only be performed by an authorised Ford dealer.

Unofficially most updates can be downloaded from the Ford India website or the Ford USA (SYNCmyride) website. However this is completely at your own risk.

Sync my ride doesn't work when I've tried.

Ford India does but it's hard to get working.

I wrote a thread on updating to the Oct 15 update, but those links only get updated every now and then. I doubt there will be a newer version.

The one the dealers can install is updated much more frequently but only for bug fixes.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Sync my ride doesn't work when I've tried.

Ford India does but it's hard to get working.

I wrote a thread on updating to the Oct 15 update, but those links only get updated every now and then. I doubt there will be a newer version.

The one the dealers can install is updated much more frequently but only for bug fixes.

I updated my Sync 2 in MK5 Mondeo last week, I think it was using your links. Worked a treat from a USB pen drive.

even using the download links.

I ordered a focus titanium x in August  and was told by the dealer that at that time no new focuses were being built and that build of, I think, the 16.75 year model will start on the 16 Sept and will include Sync 3. I expect delivery in Nov.

• 9 months later...

I've just taken delivery of my new focus titanium x and I can confirm that this has sync 3 as standard. Damn good too!

I'll post a couple of photos when I get them.

On 2017-6-24 at 3:21 PM, dave1955 said:

I've just taken delivery of my new focus titanium x and I can confirm that this has sync 3 as standard. Damn good too!

I'll post a couple of photos when I get them.

Thanks for that and bumping a very old post :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club