Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Weightwatchers

laumk7

I've lost 9lb in my first week with weightwatchers!

I'm doing the counting everything side of the plan, and tbh my meals haven't reduced they're just converted to healthy eating with extra veggies and fruit.

I'm dead impressed with the weight loss so far, as for exercise my job is miles upon miles of endless walking every night.

I lost over 3 stone on this plan previously, but it all jumped back on due to bad eating habits creeping back 

I just wondered if anyone else was or has been on the plan, and how much weight have you lost

• Like 1

Well done on first week, its the next few weeks that it slows down. My diets allways starts on a monday and finsh by thursday.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not doing weightwatchers but I have embarked on LCHF with moderate protein, on Tuesday to get back to around 15-17% body fat, it should take around 11 months

It's not quite a full blown Ketogenic diet but very similar. I'm doing 10% carbs: 15-25% protein and the rest is fat

Last time I had dieted, which was the mid noneties, I used straight forward calorie control, 1000Kcal off my BMR with activity. it took 9 months to get to 14% body fat, or alternatively, I lost 54lbs and 6" on my waist measurement

I have lost a good few stones in the last 12 months,all i do is cut back on my fat intake and calories.

Say if i have a pack of crisps have the lowest fat/calories and just have the 1 a day,being in the house a lot its so hard as its all around you

to eat so i just buy lowest fat/calories stuff and if i feel hungry have a apple or something,i do stupid amount of exercise going up and down stairs

looking after dad 24/7,i have gone down 2 sizes in jeans so does me,i was like a pig as i would just eat anything but when you start doing a lot of manual work

your knackered so quick,i just rip through it now no hassle.

I don't do proper diets, but I'm never sure what I should or shouldn't be eating...so much conflicting stuff online about it as well! 

I'm not worried about weight - I'm 8.5 stone - ate a Magnum or cornetto after dinner every day over the summer as well as either cake or biscuits at lunch (for about 6 months I guess) and am now...8.5 stone... :unsure:  How that works I don't know but I am worried about the long term effects of a lot of fat and sugar.  I do tend to eat low fat cheese and lighter butter etc.  I'm also worried about the sugar in fruit though...so have really cut down on that recently and try to eat more veg instead.

I've now cut out all ice creams and biscuits/cakes from Oct 1st...I wasn't finding it difficult tbh, I just don't have anything like that here now so can't eat it, but I don't crave it, just feels weird not having anything after a meal which had become a habit.  Until yesterday that is, had a really rough day and was so tempted to walk to Tesco and get something from the pastry range but I did manage not to lol...my aim to keep that up for this month...could be interesting...

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't do proper diets, but I'm never sure what I should or shouldn't be eating...so much conflicting stuff online about it as well! 

I'm not worried about weight - I'm 8.5 stone - ate a Magnum or cornetto after dinner every day over the summer as well as either cake or biscuits at lunch (for about 6 months I guess) and am now...8.5 stone... :unsure:  How that works I don't know but I am worried about the long term effects of a lot of fat and sugar.  I do tend to eat low fat cheese and lighter butter etc.  I'm also worried about the sugar in fruit though...so have really cut down on that recently and try to eat more veg instead.

I've now cut out all ice creams and biscuits/cakes from Oct 1st...I wasn't finding it difficult tbh, I just don't have anything like that here now so can't eat it, but I don't crave it, just feels weird not having anything after a meal which had become a habit.  Until yesterday that is, had a really rough day and was so tempted to walk to Tesco and get something from the pastry range but I did manage not to lol...my aim to keep that up for this month...could be interesting...

You're also quite tall too arnt you? 8.5 stone seems very light for your height, I weigh in at 11.7 stone but I'm 6ft 4" and have a fair amount of muscle (Not ripped xD), veg and meats, banana in the morning for me and a lot of coffee I don't put salt on my food either. long term effects of having sugary products such as cakes won't be good regardless of the weight being put on or not. I see low fat products as irrelevant just eat in moderation.

I'm about 5'11 and a half, just not quite 6ft lol.  Don't think I've got any muscle though. :laugh:  I am classed as underweight by the doctors but as I've proved I can eat a load of sugar and fat and not put weight on I'll just have to put up with being skinny for now.  If my Dad and Uncle are anything to go by that'll change eventually lol. 

I don't salt food either now you mention it, and cutting down sugar is easy enough but it's the fat that I still find an issue with though.  I have a cheese roll every lunch time which is why I go for the low fat cheese and a half and half roll lol.  And the low fat butter is only for toast (wholemeal) every morning, but it doesn't taste any worse than the full fat stuff to me so I don't see any harm in using it.  I really should find some lower fat dinners though, everything I have is either cheesy, breaded, or with chips/waffles/roasts lol.  I do have veg with it but that doesn't change the amount of fat obviously.