Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rearview camera connection to new headunit

cjay1

as above how can i connect a factory fit rear view camera to a new head unit?

Black plug that connects to the small LCD display

pin no / Function

6     picture / center pin 

11   shield neg

12 brown green neg

I have done the above in my Fiesta Titanium X with a Alpine 800 DU.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

Black plug that connects to the small LCD display

pin no / Function

6     picture / center pin 

11   shield neg

12 brown green neg

I have done the above in my Fiesta Titanium X with a Alpine 800 DU.

are the camera wires also the second plug that plugs in to the sony stereo when installing the connects 2 wiring kit there was no where to plug this cable into. it was a 24? pin connector with 4? wires from memory coming off it. if so i could just tap straight from there with no additional wires? if so is there a wiring diagram anywhere? or does anybody know the wire colours /functions? 

is it possible to open up the  black connector to the screen and remove the required pins? it looks like it may be possible but don't want to force and break it

does Your small display still work for rear view camera or is  there a way to remove the camera not available message from the small screen?

sorry for all the questions i do appreciate any help you can give

Paramaniac

Please try link below it has many pics of my car. 

Having issues trying to get the exact link as PhotoBucket is very slow this morning.

http://s1208.photobucket.com/g00//

This is the direct link 20160528_210428_zpsm6of4aht.jpg

Please note the housing is a work in progress there is much to finish but it gives you an idea of what I am going for.

Edited by Eatonm112
Add a link and text
  • Like 1

Here is my project note the top trim is not properly inserted yet as still need to hook up the rear camera.  The top screen is for vehicle messages and date time can also change vehicle settings via steering wheel controls.

@eatonm112 can you still change vehicle settings and access warning messages with that setup

DSC_0085.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

am i right in thinking that the rear view camera wire is the thick black one that goes in to the screen connector that splits in to 3 smaller wires with the following functions:

black negative shield

green brown negative

blue brown picture

is this correct?

• 2 months later...

Ford 1519127 Hazard Light Switch/ Door Lock

Connects2 CTKFD16 - Ford Fiesta 2010> Car Stereo Fitting Kit Black & Grey. would recommend getting it in all black as the grey doesn't suit in my opinion. I sprayed mine matt black looks much better.

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Aerial_converter_-_splitter_-_active.html cheaper ones are available but are cheap for a reason had one that lasted 10 days this one gives fantastic coverage even sometimes outside the official coverage area.

dnx8160dabs is the radio I went for. if you are going for the fitting kit listed above I would recommend one with negative tilt for the optimum viewing angle mine is tilted at -10 degrees

• 2 weeks later...

@cjay1 did you have dab before 

As I do and wondering if I can use existing areal

yes had DAB before both FM and DAB are the same input on the original stereo. the original aerial is more than adequate. with the amplified FM dab splitter I installed I am able to get some DAB stations outside the official coverage area.

cheers bud sounds like a future mod to me after i silent coat my car hahaa

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club