Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox differences? 1.0 Ecoboost?

Paramanic

Just to update on my situation, my gearbox has been rebuilt again and as it was less then 12 months since the last time they didn't charge me anything to do it plus the replacement has a full 12 month parts and labour warranty. They said my clutch was showing signs of wear (noisy bearing) so I agreed to have that replaced but I only had to pay for the part (£155) as they included the labour with the gearbox work.

As frustrating as the constant problems are with the gearbox, I cannot fault the customer service of my local dealer. I also received a goodwill voucher from the Ford customer relationship centre that I can use for any future work/servicing.

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, 

I’m new to this and I could use a little help. I have recently bought a 2015 Ford Fiesta red edition, and I love it. 1.0 Ecoboost 138bhp however I’m experiencing a bit of a problem with the gear box - when I put my foot down in 1st and accelerate away all the way to 5K revs and when I go to change to second 2nd I put my foot down on the clutch and pull the gear stick back and the gear stick goes what I can only describe as mushy and will not go into gear. I have to slow down keep my foot on the clutch and wiggle the gear stick around and it clicks back into place. 

the car has done 49,000 miles which I don’t believe is a lot. When I change into any gear it is not a smooth change at all. It is always a little clunky However it never makes a noise...

can someone please help because it’s driving me mad 

• 2 months later...

I have had a remap on a red edition 140 PS stock. It’s around 160/165 tops, I had a huge problem with my gearbox and clutch, brought with 33K on the clock , I mapped it 8 months later around 36/37K maybe more, defo under 40K. Anyways maybe I drove it to hard and launched it one too many times and my box and clutch went. Didn’t slip, no smelling of burn or anything. Would upshift fine but when I downshifted it wouldn't go into 2 or 1st without rev matching. Also reverse wasn’t the best but was good most the time.  It was driveable but was a pain!

I now have 51K on the clock and had a new , best clutch for my car, and a ST box put in, but they cut the 6th gear off as it doesn’t fit into the 140shell. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I was told. 

Its all perfectly fine now and now problems. I know people call them chocolate gearbox gang as they melt and break so quickly. 

Also the ford garage and other previous owners had never changed the gearbox oil apparently and so that did not help at all. As people said on this page that all cars are different and not all the gearbox’s break. All my ratios seem the same and have maybe added a little more power and weight reduction but I don’t know haha

**UK , 2015 Plate**

On 1/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, Oakley said:

Hi guys, 

I’m new to this and I could use a little help. I have recently bought a 2015 Ford Fiesta red edition, and I love it. 1.0 Ecoboost 138bhp however I’m experiencing a bit of a problem with the gear box - when I put my foot down in 1st and accelerate away all the way to 5K revs and when I go to change to second 2nd I put my foot down on the clutch and pull the gear stick back and the gear stick goes what I can only describe as mushy and will not go into gear. I have to slow down keep my foot on the clutch and wiggle the gear stick around and it clicks back into place. 

the car has done 49,000 miles which I don’t believe is a lot. When I change into any gear it is not a smooth change at all. It is always a little clunky However it never makes a noise...

can someone please help because it’s driving me mad 

Might be your clutch or synchros. Or maybe you have a leak in the hydraulic bit in the clutch. I had this problem, also when I put my foot to the floor with the clutch, it went half way in gear one , grinded like I didn’t have the clutch in , then when I rev matched it went in. If that makes sense. 

12 hours ago, Ash2015Fez said:

Might be your clutch or synchros. Or maybe you have a leak in the hydraulic bit in the clutch. I had this problem, also when I put my foot to the floor with the clutch, it went half way in gear one , grinded like I didn’t have the clutch in , then when I rev matched it went in. If that makes sense. 

Just had a full replacement clutch kit put in and had first and second synchro replaced and selector fork and Gear câbles but I haven’t managed to drive it much as the moment I got it back the engine warning light came on saying there was something wrong with oxygen sensor. But I’m going to take it for a thrash when I get it back and that is fixed and see if it’s sorted 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club