Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Remap

AndiDote

He guys, This is my 1st post since owning my Fez.

I had the car for just over a week and fancied a remap. I found a mobile service that comes to your house and does them. So i got it done for £250.

2 days after and i got a message that randomly pops up saying "Engine Malfunction. service now" and it would go into limp mode and splutter with black smoke.

I had it taken in to a garage and they said they couldn't find anything wrong (i didn't tell them about the remap) so they said they have booked it into Ford to get an ECU upgrade.

So could this remap cause the issue or just coincidence? As i said, the message pops up randomly. Even went a whole day without it popping up.

Thanks

It could be the remap causing this, you need to speak to the company who did it for you. If you are going to give the car to Ford for any ECU work you need to get the remap removed and put back to stock. Otherwise if Ford discover that the car has been remapped they will void your warranty on the ECU and potentially on the engine too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndiDote said:

He guys, This is my 1st post since owning my Fez.

I had the car for just over a week and fancied a remap. I found a mobile service that comes to your house and does them. So i got it done for £250.

2 days after and i got a message that randomly pops up saying "Engine Malfunction. Service now" and it would go into limp mode and splutter with black smoke.

I had it taken in to a garage and they said they couldn't find anything wrong (i didn't tell them about the remap) so they said they have booked it into Ford to get an ECU upgrade.

So could this remap cause the issue or just coincidence? As i said, the message pops up randomly. Even went a whole day without it popping up.

Thanks

Good I did not have mine remaped with those mobile remaping companies I rather go to rs tuning or something that is well known and pay more but be safe !

• Like 1

Best to go to a remapper with a rolling road, cost slightly more but the tune will be for your engine rather than a generic map - will also make sure that everything is working as it should in all conditions.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2016 at 7:53 AM, m1tch said:

Best to go to a remapper with a rolling road, cost slightly more but the tune will be for your engine rather than a generic map - will also make sure that everything is working as it should in all conditions.

Just got it back from Ford and they done a PCM update. So far so good. Now my remap has been wiped so think i'm going to claim my 30 day money back guarantee and get it done at a garage like you said.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club