Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK3 Titanium

Dave Slater

Morning all, new to this as I only picked up my Ford Focus recently. Had it a couple of weeks now and I love it, hoping to keep this one longer then all my previous so making it into a little project for myself. Never really done much to a car other then styling however with this I would like to do some mechanical upgrades and get the most out of it. Its the 1.0 ecoboost however I have a fairly decent budget so gives me enough to play around with. Would like to start with some fairly standard and basic upgrades to raise the performance so any suggestions would be much appreciated as this is fairly new to me. I work for an automotive company and already spoken to the engineers about helping out with some of the work. The more people I get on board the better the car will be.

As from a styling point of view, just some basic and easy upgrades to start with, rear diffuser with a new tip & backbox. Would like to wrap the mirrors and roof. Alloy upgrade. Boot install and new speaker system put in but keeping the original Sony HU.

If anyone can recommend somewhere in the Midlands that does any of this kind of work I would appreciate it.

I have already taken a lot of inspiration from some of the cars on here, really glad I chose a Focus as there seems a lot more variety compared to other cars.

Look forward to sharing the progress

Below is a picture of my baby. And yes my Mrs drives a Fiesta, im still trying to convince her that we should do same upgrades so we have little and large lol

Untitled.png 

welcome to the forum, performance improvement will be blufin install. 

there will be plenty of recomendations soon on how to spend your money for you. lol

looks a nice blank canvas you have there. welcome along to the forum hope you in joy your stay. im sure a few people will be along to help answer your questions very soon. look forward to seeing your up grades when you make them

Cheers guys, had a productive weekend doing some shopping and spending my overtime already.

Got some wind deflectors and new number plates ordered.

Been enquiring about getting a new exhaust put on, ideally just the back box however looks like the one I want will have to wait until I can get the rear diffuser done at the same time.

Does anybody recommend anywhere for exhaust work?

Cheers

If you're looking for some ideas have a look at mine and jinjoh_ninjohs build threads. You may get some ideas there. Nice car btw ;)

4 minutes ago, kpg said:

If you're looking for some ideas have a look at mine and jinjoh_ninjohs build threads. You may get some ideas there. Nice car btw ;)

Had a butchers this morning, both have mods similar to what I would like to do. Ordered myself a rear diffuser this morning, not sure I will put it on though till I get front and side skirts so can do it all at once. Would like the ST spoiler as well but will have to wait for time being.

Where did you get your lowering springs from and did you do it yourself?

Had a butchers this morning, both have mods similar to what I would like to do. Ordered myself a rear diffuser this morning, not sure I will put it on though till I get front and side skirts so can do it all at once. Would like the ST spoiler as well but will have to wait for time being.

Where did you get your lowering springs from and did you do it yourself?

I got the springs from demontweeks.co.uk pretty good service. I will say that the H&R springs tend to knock a bit. Having some issues with that at the minute but in terms of ride comfort and stability theyre excellent. I had a garage do the springs. Where did you order you rear diffuser off and how much if you don't mind me asking? Any if the ones I see are around the £300 mark.

I managed to get one off eBay for £90. Just got to try and fit it myself which for me is a task in itself.

I would have to get a garage to fit my springs as well but might have to wait a bit first until the diffuser is on.

I managed to get one off eBay for £90. Just got to try and fit it myself which for me is a task in itself.

I would have to get a garage to fit my springs as well but might have to wait a bit first until the diffuser is on.

Jammy sod. I've been keeping an eye for one for ages on eBay lol Fitting the diffuser shouldn't be too hard, as far as i know it's just clipped on. Be careful not to break any of them whilst taking the old diffuser off. They are quick brittle.

Wind deflectors turned up but there crap, marks all over them so sending them straight back, so annoying.

Diffuser has been dispatched so hope to get it on the weekend. Going to look at doing the front and side skirts asap as well.

Enquired about a remap as well and Celtic tuning claim to be able to hit 150BHP+. Seems a lot just for a remap? Has anyone done this?

Also what other engine upgrades have you done and where? Seems with MK3 not many ppl willing to touch an ecoboost :-| 

Diffuser turned up the weekend, gutted to see so many marks in it and there is two very deeps dents as well, although they were hard to capture in a picture. Already taken up a case with the seller to return them and get my money back. He was selling them as "mint condition" so I cant imagine there will be any problems. Just puts me back and forces me to wait. Air filter ordered though and on its way.

20160923_172334.jpg

20160923_172337.jpg

Diffuser turned up the weekend, gutted to see so many marks in it and there is two very deeps dents as well, although they were hard to capture in a picture. Already taken up a case with the seller to return them and get my money back. He was selling them as "mint condition" so I cant imagine there will be any problems. Just puts me back and forces me to wait. Air filter ordered though and on its way.

20160923_172334.jpg

20160923_172337.jpg

I have also had this problem with 'as new' items on eBay. It's just a kick in the teeth for us buyers. Hopefully you get the case sorted out quickly and refunded accordingly. That looks like the ST diffuser ?

4 hours ago, kpg said:

I have also had this problem with 'as new' items on eBay. It's just a kick in the teeth for us buyers. Hopefully you get the case sorted out quickly and refunded accordingly. That looks like the ST diffuser ?

To be fair to the bloke he has already refunded me and apologised. It is the ST diffuser, managed to find a local garage that was going to put it on and spray it for me but going to wait now till next month :-(

• Like 1

To be fair to the bloke he has already refunded me and apologised. It is the ST diffuser, managed to find a local garage that was going to put it on and spray it for me but going to wait now till next month :-(

Setbacks suck. At least you have something to look forward to now :p

sorry to hear about the set back fella but as they say on wards and up wards

Got my car booked in with Powerflow now on the 15th of October, cant wait :-)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave Slater said:

Got my car booked in with Powerflow now on the 15th of October, cant wait :-)

cool  will wait  for a pic update when its done

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club