Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 Door modules in mk2

nazsky786

I want to install door modules to convert my 5door from being only front electric to all electric windows. 

Problem is I've installed all the door modules from a mk2.5 2008 focus to a 2006 focus and no door seems to have power. Only Speakers seem to work. 

Am I missing something else?

All door modules with door wiring was swapped. And using elmconfig no door module responds. 

My understanding is that mk2 and mk2,5 modules at the rear are different. Mk2 (green illumination) have can modules front and rear and mk2,5 have can modules front and Lin modules rear. They are not interchangeable. You need a donor car that is your version -pre facelift focus.

You also need to change all window buttons, door wiring looms and are you sure that you have floor wiring compatible to electric windows?

I have been thinking of doing this conversion myself also but there are still too many unknowns for me. Mainly if I need to do something with floor wiring and if my gem module supports 4x el windows. If it does do I need to add some kind of relays there or not.

Not sure if so but maybe it is more easy to swap your gem module to facelifted mk2,5 focus so that it would support can front and lin rear instead of looking for another donor - not sure tho what kind of programming needed with this swap.

More info here: http://ffclub.ru/topic/135368

On 2nd page you have all 'essence' : http://ffclub.ru/topic/135368/go_post/5318624/

use google translate

So would I be able to swap the GEM Module to facelift and floor wiring for it to work. 

Swapping thebfloor wiring is going to be hard as that wiring loom goes to fuel pump, and sensors at rear.

Currently the gem in the car has fuses in place for modules. So I think the gem does support it.

It may be that I would need to swap the floor loom, but would a mk2.5 loom work on mk2. I know some connectors maybe different IE the rear brake lights as mk2.5 uses connector and mk2 don't. 

But perfect opportunity to swap to led rear lights. 

Gem module has been swapped before(mk2,5 module to mk2 car). How much work it is I have no idea.

Would it be a GEM issue? Hoping it would be. I have a module from a 2.5 ST, which should work. Some programming required but should. 

Saying that what if it still come down to being the floor wiring. Looking at the looms online it's a complete dash removal. Seats, carpet and side panels. 

Access to floor wiring is not very major job. I have done some sound deadening and have stripped my car to bare floor pan. Surprisingly easy and quick job.

If you do not do any mechanical work at all, then not recommended but since you have already done module fitment, then I'd say nothing too major.

When it is all striped I do recommend sound deadening. Very big improvement of riding environment.

However GEM fitment wise- hopefully some one more wise will chime in.

OK after bit of research, to do this with MK2.5 Parts.

I would need to replace the floor wiring & The GEM Module. On some cars the floor wiring isn't needed as the additional connector is taped up on the loom. Checked mine and there is no additional connector. That's why the doors have no power.

The doors themselves have the loom and all motors with modules, including the rear window regulators.

The connector for the wing mirrors is also different but can easily be sorted with a connector off a breaker car.

Or I could manually run can high and low (mid), and power & ground cables to the modules.

But if this does work I may decide to get folding mirrors with puddles lights & I'l have 4 door electric windows.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind off, As I have used mk2.5 loom, certain other stuff need replacing.

Windows etc work but had to swap floor loom, door wiring and install modules. and program.

as mk2 is what I have I have also swapped lights, wing mirrors etc.

possible but lot of work. the floor wiring swap is headache. you need access to bottom of the car. as loom is attached to pump and abs sensors etc.

all in all its a great mod - got puddle lights (brighter led panel), led rear RS lights, folding wing mirrors and all electric windows and key global closing.

My understanding is that mk2,5 side mirrors are not straight swap to mk2. The mounting points have been changed during face lift

I will have to actually see if that is true, go to breaker yead and try one on.

If they don't mount on I will have to take the wiring loom from them and install onto the old mirror but with one's that have folding. 

• 4 weeks later...

Same fitting. The mk2 uses a Bolt and mk2.5 uses a nut. Both fit same on door. However if you prefer your old wing mirrors mk2 then just remove wiring from the mk2.5 and wire into the mk2. Additional features may require a a new wing mirror. The mk2.5 wings just didn't look good on my car.