Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know how much mpg they get from the 1.5 eco boost kuga

Big Keith

Thinking of going for one of the new shape kuga when they come in around November time . Was wondering if anyone on here has one and what sort of mpg they are getting. Currently got ecoboost fiesta 125ps and get really good economy from it

Sent from my iPad

using Ford OC

Depends on your journeys.

It's not particularly economical.

I got low 30s with it in a Focus, so I'd expect about 30 from a Kuga.

Thanks for the reply, that's very poor would have thought it would be late 30s early 40s , I get nearly double that on runs in my fiesta and that's with thule wing bar roof rack on the car

Sent from my iPad

using Ford OC

Late 30s early 40s is what my mum gets from her 1.0 Focus.

It will depend on the journeys you do though.

its a heavy kuga, (300kg heavier than a focus) not a fiesta or focus. im guessing low 30's

• 1 month later...

Had a petrol 150 PS for 18 months I am currently averaging 33mpg, mainly short trips around town, if I do a long journey and reset the trip I get around 45 to 50 mpg, depends how heavy my foot us, no where near the manufacturers figures, as we all probably know anyway.

• 1 month later...

Have a look at honestjohn.co.uk  -  They have a real mpg section where readers submit the actual mpg they get on their cars.

I saw a 1.5 Ecoboost Kuga for sale and was interested until I saw the mpg, it really is very poor. Can be as low as 24mpg

The 1ltr engine the focus use is terrible ! Don't expect the Kuga to be any better .

I get 36.6mpg (over many 000's of miles) in my 1.6 ecoboost 150 Focus in mixed driving so guessing Kuga will be 32-33 given the increased weight and drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi

My mate has a kuga ecoboost 182 awd auto petrol and that is averaging 25 mpg but thats kind of what we figured he would get anyway looking at review sites and talking to people.

Ford has just announced they are tweaking the kuga's engines and the fuel economy and emissions are on par now with what people are getting out of there current versions

• 1 month later...

I got a kuga 1.5 ecoboost awd petrol in may   only getting 23.5 mpg asking ford why and there are giving me the runaround

• 5 weeks later...

Evening everybody

Just a quick update, my mates kuga is averaging 26.6mpg which isnt much less than my fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 125 which is averaging 31.8mpg. we are both disappointed with these figures but we just have to put up with them.

15 hours ago, statts said:

Evening everybody

Just a quick update, my mates kuga is averaging 26.6mpg which isnt much less than my fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 125 which is averaging 31.8mpg. we are both disappointed with these figures but we just have to put up with them.

The Kuga I kind of get, my parents 1.5 Kuga only does about 30 on average.

But what are you doing with the Fiesta? I'm getting 40 on average from the new ST... My dad used to get 50 from his 1.0 (although admittedly that was a mainly motorway commute).

9 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The Kuga I kind of get, my parents 1.5 Kuga only does about 30 on average.

But what are you doing with the Fiesta? I'm getting 40 on average from the new ST... My dad used to get 50 from his 1.0 (although admittedly that was a mainly motorway commute).

Hi

I am only going to work and back which is about 2 miles and stop-start traffic most of the way. i do try and use stop-start system as much as i can but on the kuga i dont think the engine gets up to temperature that quickly as stop-start hardly ever engages. 

love the new fiesta st by the way wish i could afford one!!!!!! how old is your parents kuga ( my mates is a 2017 model, titanium spec)

2 minutes ago, statts said:

Hi

I am only going to work and back which is about 2 miles and stop-start traffic most of the way. i do try and use stop-start system as much as i can but on the kuga i dont think the engine gets up to temperature that quickly as stop-start hardly ever engages. 

love the new fiesta st by the way wish i could afford one!!!!!! how old is your parents kuga ( my mates is a 2017 model, titanium spec)

Ah well 2 mile commute makes some sense.

My parents have got a 2016 titanium Kuga

• 5 weeks later...

I got a 68 plate ford kuga  eco-boost  St line 1.5 petrol my mpg is about 28 - 30 if I am lucky on motorways about 34 so not great 

but on a another note if I put £20 in  petrol every 3 days I get more petrol for my money then if I fill the tank 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 9:00 AM, Chucky341 said:

but on a another note if I put £20 in  petrol every 3 days I get more petrol for my money then if I fill the tank 

Why's that? I'd have said from empty to brim as you spend less time stood in a petrol station.

• Like 1

Ya I know it pain in the ***** keep filling up but if it better for me & save me money then I am not complaining 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:44 PM, Chucky341 said:

Ya I know it pain in the ***** keep filling up but if it better for me & save me money then I am not complaining 

Yeah but how does it save money? For example, if you put £5 in every other day compared to £35 every other week, you're still spending the same amount...

Ok let me explain it this way

Option 1 

I put £60 in the car to fill up the tank that last four  to five days 

Option 2

if I put in £20   that £20 last me 2-3 days

So £60 last for 9 days in option  2 (  Best case scenario )

so I am  paying out £60 ya that true but the £60 lasted 9 days in option 2

so in option 1 u would have to pay more money to make it last the week so it as save u money 

You are deluding yourself...  If you put 3 times as much fuel in the car (£60) so long as you are doing the same sort of driving it will last 3 times as long as the £20 you put in.  

In your Option 2 £20=2-3 days , but in Option 1 you say £60=4-5 days... 

Let's do an easy sum.  in Option 1 instead of saying 2-3 days let's say 2.5 days.  If your drive is the same (AND the fuel is the same price per litre), £60 (same as 3x£20) will last you 3x2.5 days...

PS my 2.0l 150 diesel does about 43mpg, on my average week (4 miles each way Mon-Thurs, and longer runs at the weekend).  On a long trip I see it up around 47-48...😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's time Car manufacturers we're made by law to give out MPG figures in the real world, not in some laboratory with a perfect heat & air environment , its fraudulent but they continue to get away with it?

Just now, Admiral said:

It's time Car manufacturers we're made by law to give out MPG figures in the real world, not in some laboratory with a perfect heat & air environment , its fraudulent but they continue to get away with it?

That's what the new WLTP test/figures are for, they are a lot closer to the real world than before.

Tbf, the real world has so many variables, the idea is just to devise a repeatable test which allows you to compare manufacturers/models.

I've never heard of the WLTP test, when did this start?

2 minutes ago, Admiral said:

I've never heard of the WLTP test, when did this start?

It started with new type approvals from Sept 2017 and new registrations from Sept 2018.

• Like 1