Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel problem not starting

riedolly

Hi Ive only owned this car since June and had nothing but trouble with it. My problem at the moment is with air in the diesel lines, I have replaced the sender unit in tank, fuel filter housing, pipe from housing to diesel pump and the diesel pump. I prime the diesel with hand pump get it running til no more air can be seen in pipes let run for a good half hour to make sure, turn it off and the diesel flows back from pump to housing and won't start again unless primed could anyone help please 

7 hours ago, riedolly said:

I have replaced the sender unit in tank, fuel filter housing, pipe from housing to diesel pump and the diesel pump.

Blimey, that is a lot of grief!

The only bit you have not replaced is the return lines back to the tank. If air is entering the pump, it is likely to be from the fuel return system. This takes fuel from all 4 injectors, and the pump, back to the tank, and / or back to the fuel filter.

When I replaced the fuel filter on mine, I fitted a non return valve to the supply line to the filter. It has not had any adverse effects. It was to make priming easier, but it might prevent your air entry problem. It was the 8mm version of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Non-Return-Valve-Fuel-Washer-Jet-Water-Pipe-5-6-8-10-12mm-For-All-Ford-/291512397207

(But check your pipe dia. first)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club