Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Zetec S (Brand New) SYNC Question?

Lynchie435

Hi All,

Just a curiosity question here, decided before Ford make the change to the "ST-Line" idea to get in on a decent deal with a new Focus Zetec S.

Managing to pick one up from the dealership brand new, not been registered yet (getting sent up here on a flatbed), however what nobody can answer me is the SYNC system. I have a choice between the Sat Nav or the Non Sat Nav models.

Drove a Vauxhall Corsa SRI from work the other week and it has the Intellilink system so that your phones functions (Google Maps, Spotify etc.) all work on the 9" Touchscreen. I understand this exists on the Ford's via 'AppLink' or 'SYNC 3'.

If I pickup the Focus this Saturday being as its brand new, is this going to have SYNC 3 on it? If not is it up gradable (I'm assuming its just a software upgrade)? If not is it worth me just getting the Sat Nav model?

Cheers Everyone.

Jim

No, it will only be Sync 2.

You used to have to spec the Sat Nav to get Sync 2, but I think it became standard earlier in the year.

Sync 3 is only on cars being built from around now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 2 does NOT have applink in the UK/EU.

That will be US spec.

Sync 2 does have app link but it does not work. I have it on my sync 2  built January 2016

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club