Do Not Sell My Personal Information

radio interference

Alistair Kerr

Hello 

I have a 2007 plate 2 litre Focus automatic which I am very happy with. The car is fitted with a Sony CD ( generation 2) audio system. The Cd and UHF radio Radio 2 etc work fine but the stations like Radio 5 (909 and 693) or any station on the same wave band are absolutely saturated with static an it seems as though the radio is not tuned right.  It is worse when the car is running but will continue for 30secs or more after the engine is switched off. I guess it must be something to with suppression but I dont really know where to start. Any help would be most useful.

many thanks

Alistair Kerr

Hi I had this problem I solved it by releasing the overhead light under the aerial once done undo the bolt holding the aerial and slip some copper wire or simular underneath re tighten, on the other end (wire approximately 5 inches long) put it under the earth bolt for the light this will work just make sure connections are good 

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I will try this out when it stops raining here and let you know how I got on. Once again many thanks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrRedman said:

Hi I had this problem I solved it by releasing the overhead light under the aerial once done undo the bolt holding the aerial and slip some copper wire or simular underneath re tighten, on the other end (wire approximately 5 inches long) put it under the earth bolt for the light this will work just make sure connections are good 

I did this a few weeks ago and it improved reception significantly :smile:

• Like 1

hello 

I removed the interior light as suggested and found the wiring as shown in the (hopefully attached picture sorry about the quality) There is no actual earth connection that I can see on  the light but the large bolt as shown has a black wire from it which is connected to the earth. is this the one I connect to? The aerial seems to have a allen sort ot screw in the centre and a star nut on the outside. Do I undo the allen screw or the star nut to attach the wire to. Hopefully the picture will show what I mean.

Thanks

Alistair

20160929_111954.jpg

Looks familiar just undo the bolts and pop it under it should be fine yeah star nut I think the aerial will become loose think I took it completely out to clean it s base 

• Like 1

i have just finished  wiring as suggested, The long wave seems better and the medium wave is about the same. I thought I would unscrew the aerial, check its condition and see what effect it had on the radio when unscrewed, but am unable to unscrew it from the base despite using considerable force. Is it possible to remove the aerial assembly by undoing the torx screw that I have just fitted the earth wire under?

thanks for the help 

Alistair Kerr

Yes it does unscrew so you could clean it up underneath , my aerial was also stuck I undone it with mole grips which unfortunately marked it but reception is much better .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club