Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should the dipped headlight be loose?

NQbbe

I just replaced the dipped bulbs on my Fiesta (changed to Philips XTreme Vision Plus), and noticed one of the bulbs is slightly loose.

The way it's held in place, is by being clicked into 3 pieces of metal which work somewhat like a spring. However in one side of the car they don't appear to fixate it completely.

Has any of you guys replaced bulbs and noticed similar behavior, or should I be worried?

The car is only 1 month old, so I can easily take it to the dealership and have them look at it for free - it's just a hassle to go there, so if it's nothing I'd rather skip the trip :-)

Shouldn't be loose, so check the bulbs seated properly & that the clip hasn't been bent out of shape.

as you say it's only a month old so get ford to check it out if still concerned. 

I guess I'd better have them check it then. It's seated properly and doesn't move on its own. However it takes very little force to move it, whereas the other headlight I have to use quite a bit of force to move it.

Thanks for the input.

I had this problem when I changed the bulbs on my old fiesta ST 180. I found it was the bottom piece that the flat part of the bulb clips into. I solved it by just bending than back whilst the bulb was in place stoped it. Might not be the same problem on yours but worth a try. I've know people go to dealers after replacing bulbs them self and because they have been classed as aftermarket by them. They have been funny about it and tried to charge the time the technicians spent on the car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club