Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heard weird conversation on ecoboost engine.??

jace1969

Taken my car for a m.o.t at my local ford garage and past but waiting for it for around an hour i heard the ford manager on the phone saying.

''I have a fiesta ecoboost here that I'm taken the engine out to replace it as you said, its got a major problem and do you have any there like a smashed car''

Then my name was called,its the time where you wish your car took that bit longer.

Oh wow lol maybe he needed a part from the interior of a smashed car? Dang that's definitely something I wouldn't want to hear.

Sounds like they are replacing the engine with a used breaker car instead of a new crate engine?

Sounds like they're just using an engine from a breaker, no problem with that at all imo, done it myself, albeit with older cars! :smile: 

When he said ''complete engine'' my ears went bigger and i went a bit more nosier lol.

It wasn't the reception desk it was a person who is in charge of selling cars so don't know if someone had a new one with a problem.

Also it didn't seem like he was talking to the customer it was like a big place that gets smashes in and wanted a full engine from him,i know he

said ''i know there so hard to get (well i cant swear) but do you have any like smashes in''

must be a very early fiesta ecoboost with a engine failure as most are still under warranty, or done over 60k.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

must be a very early fiesta ecoboost with a engine failure as most are still under warranty, or done over 60k.

Yes true,if it was a warranty engine change it would not come from a smashed car,it was a weird conversation but a few engine change.

It sounded like it was as good as out the car how he was speaking and ready for another one,sure this would cost stupid money engine and fit by ford.

Like would you ever take a car to have a engine put in by ford if not some cover on it like they pay for engine and you just pay the time it takes.

Probably all the local dealerships in an area (ford) will work and collude together on certain issues especially if part of the same parent company who have a multiple franchise's etc. If a new fiesta has been rear ended it can be a write-off if the chassis has been distorted for example but the engine may be fine. They'll all have links to insurance companies and there associates to source these sort of things when required. For whatever reason be it a warranty job or not.

The car industry is a multi-billion pound industry and is slightly "shady" at the best of times!

Wish my car was that 10mins later would of got the full picture.

Maybe the owner of the car thought that it would be fixed under warranty and thats why they took it into the Ford dealer, For whatever reason it's not being done under warranty (age, mileage, wear and tear), the owner doesn't want to pay the price for a new engine, so the dealer has mentioned sourcing a used engine that they will fit. 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2016 at 5:41 PM, MarksST said:

Maybe the owner of the car thought that it would be fixed under warranty and thats why they took it into the Ford dealer, For whatever reason it's not being done under warranty (age, mileage, wear and tear), the owner doesn't want to pay the price for a new engine, so the dealer has mentioned sourcing a used engine that they will fit. 

This could be right,you stand about and hear some strange things and then try and put the pieces together in your own head.