Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car (from mk3 to mk3.5)

notfocused

Hi All,

I have just purchased a new 2016 'facelift' (mk3.5) Focus in px with my mk3 2012 Titanium X.

First impressions of it are that it does appear to have a few improvements. The centre adjustable cup holders seems to be a nice touch too!.

Upon opening the doors and boot I did notice straight away that it seemed much lighter (not sure if 'flimsy' is the right word) in comparison to the previous version. I also noticed that they don’t have the flip-out rubber door guards when opening the doors too.

I was a little on the fence as to whether this was a good thing - ie. Cutting costs to make the car lighter, or a bad thing - ie. Less durable.

What prompted the though was the fact I had an accident earlier where a driver clipped my car door whilst I was putting in my son in the rear child seat. The result, a loud impact, but hardly any damage…barely a scratch. Im guessing it was down to the durable materials used for the doors?

Other than that the new car seems to have every option available that I was missing (nav + rear cam)…everything except a sunroof (which isnt a big issue)

I have read a few reviews to suggest the newer facelift model is "possibly the best focus yet".

It would be interesting to find out if any other forums users could share their experiences moving from the mk3 to the mk3.5. (anything from interior/exterior, performance in comparison)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated?

Hey :) 

Always nice to get a new car!, I had a MK3 2013 tit x Focus for a hire car whilst waiting for mine to be built and I must say I think I preferred the external styling of the MK3 but the interior on the MK3.5 is loads better in my opinion, it all just seems like it's more flush and the 8 inch screen is a massive win from the smaller ones.

My 2015 Tit X has the rubber fold out things when opening the doors which is a great little add on (80 English pounds extra I think).

I ticked every box on my order apart from the Keyless entry, adaptive cruise control and the sun roof... All which I can easily do without :) the rear camera is very good quality, I do find the front sensors randomly go off whilst I'm driving haha

I think the longer I've had the car the move I love it, the 1.0ltr engine is a winner.

Glad you like it.

Firstly, hello and welcome adri

I have the ford focus 3.5 16 plate build January 2016. It is the titanium 1.5 TDCI 125

I absolutely love the car. It is my first diesel car and  It is so sweet to drive. The engine is powerful and pulls like a train and just keeps going. Gear changes are so smooth.

I love all the toys that come with the car. Once you learn to set them all up, they all add to enhance the driving experience.

I currently have a 2014 Mk3 Titanium Nav 1.6TDCi hatch and 2015 MK3.5 Titanium X 2.0TDCi Estate sitting on my drive.

The hatch is a lease deal due to go back in a few weeks. Excluding spec differences, I do prefer the Mk3.5. The steering has far better feel to it for one thing. Ride wise, I can't tell I now have 18" wheels opposed to 16"s. Once I get my winter wheels on, I'll be able to say better. Door wise, they feel similar, maybe the 3.5 is lighter. They did say it was trimmed back about 100kg at launch I think. The estate boot lid is certainly much lighter.

As mentioned above the door protectors aren't standard fit on any model but an £80 option.

I've only just 'stolen' the estate from my local dealer, 9 months old 2.5k miles. I was going to order new a few weeks back and this one came up with extra options like Sony ICE, 18" 5 spoke Y wheels, full leather and Lunar Sky paint, saved a fortune on list price and even Drive the Deal price. While I have really just fitted right into the car, the engine if driven like a petrol shifts. It just doesn't seem very flexible and economy is worse than I expected. However I think the 1.6 was similar till it was broken in.

My biggest annoyance is ELMconfig and Forscan don't work, seems my ECU has an extra layer of security the software can't deal with. I wan't auto locking doors...arghh.

Oh interior wise, yes the adjustable cup holders are much better. If you pull back the lid, there is an additional wee finger hold to pull back an other door to double the height of the front holder. In my case a wee hidey hole :)

The handbrake relocation tidies up the centre console, though wearing a jacket, means it gets hidden easy when driving.

What ever you do, don't judge the car on My Ford Touch. It is awful but works.

Forscan will work as long as you apply for the free 2 months advanced option.

Once it runs out you just apply again.

FoCCus works too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Forscan will work as long as you apply for the free 2 months advanced option.

Once it runs out you just apply again.

FoCCus works too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks I'll give that a go. 

thanks. Will look into it when i pickup the car this week.

any thoughts on the alloys? my mk3 has th 18" 5 spoke alloys and the mk3.5 has the 18" y-spoke alloys.....havent seen any mk3.5s with the 5 spoke ones, but the salemans at ford said he could put the same ones on IF i wanted....

13 hours ago, notfocused said:

thanks. Will look into it when i pickup the car this week.

any thoughts on the alloys? my mk3 has th 18" 5 spoke alloys and the mk3.5 has the 18" y-spoke alloys.....havent seen any mk3.5s with the 5 spoke ones, but the salemans at ford said he could put the same ones on IF i wanted....

See my Gallery, I have Y 5 spoke 18"s

They are rarer as they are a £450 option, not part of any Appearance packs etc.

On 10/4/2016 at 1:23 PM, goldtail77 said:

See my Gallery, I have Y 5 spoke 18"s

They are rarer as they are a £450 option, not part of any Appearance packs etc.

these are the ones i mean:

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/Image/GetImage/1428
http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/Image/GetImage/9218

• 2 weeks later...

20161008_223620.jpg here it is....excuse the poor pic. Weather here in london hasnt been too great...esp during the day

50 minutes ago, notfocused said:

20161008_223620.jpg here it is....excuse the poor pic. Weather here in london hasnt been too great...esp during the day

Looking good. 

By the time you clean those wheels, your kids will be old enough to drive it for you :tongue:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club