Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery leaking - advice needed

Emkatelew

Hi everyone, 

So I found out today that my battery is leaking :sad:...the only positive is that by the looks of things it hasn't been leaking for long. 

How long do you think a battery should last? My car just missed out on the new ish 3 year ford battery warranty they introduced to replace the old 1 year one. 

My local T C Harrison Ford have quoted me £180 for a new one, do you think this sounds right? 

I took my car to Halfords and euro car parts and they both said they don't even stock the EFBs suitable for my car.

Advice please 

xxxxxx

Quick search of Euro Car Parts - the 100EFB battery you require is available to order - starting at £127 for a Lion branded battery, to £184 for a Bosch

• Like 1

Haha I wish. That price also according to them includes a 10% discount because I have a Ford service plan 🙄

3 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Quick search of Euro Car Parts - the 100EFB Battery you require is available to order - starting at £127 for a Lion branded battery, to £184 for a Bosch

Ooh ok. So maybe the price I was quoted isn't so bad seeing as I would need someone to fit one I bought from euro car parts anyway? 

One of the disadvantages of stop/start Is that It needs special batteries and It stresses those batteries more. The EFB types are more expensive than normal batteries and you don't get such a long warranty which seems lIke the opposite of a bargain but you do save a bit more on fuel although the other way of looking at that Is that the fuel economy of the car may not be as impressive as It first seemed before you knew about the extra battery expense.

Anyway assuming that you do need a size 100 EFB job Tayna have a Varta D54 for £90.49 (plus delv?). Fitting batteries isn't exactly difficult but they are heavy but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a local mechanic to fit one for £10 - 20.

• Like 1

The ecoboost battery is very expensive.   I've just had a new one under warranty and the fitter told me that it would have cost £180.   It's a special battery for the stop start system.

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

One of the disadvantages of stop/start Is that It needs special batteries and It stresses those batteries more. The EFB types are more expensive than normal batteries and you don't get such a long warranty which seems lIke the opposite of a bargain but you do save a bit more on fuel although the other way of looking at that Is that the fuel economy of the car may not be as impressive as It first seemed before you knew about the extra battery expense.

Anyway assuming that you do need a size 100 EFB job Tayna have a Varta D54 for £90.49 (plus delv?). Fitting batteries isn't exactly difficult but they are heavy but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a local mechanic to fit one for £10 - 20.

Same can be said about High pressure fuel injectors, DMF flywheels, ECUs,etc. 

Technology marches on, manufacturers give us what we want and we may through the nose to get and maintain it. 

****Update****

I rang ford this morning to question the new 3 year battery warranty vs. my cars 1 year warranty and also queried how the battery my car came with can only be guaranteed for a year, however if I were to buy the exact same battery new from ford it would be guaranteed for 3. I told them I felt my battery shouldn't have deteriorated like this etc etc. 

Anyway long story short, they couldn't really give me an answer for my questions. I have been issued with a complaints case number, they said they will speak to T C Harrison later today and I will have a decision by tomorrow morning as to whether they will replace my battery. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club