Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag module question

Gkikas

Hello people.

I am new here, I am not from England, but you seem to be more into focuses than in my country (Greece). I recently had a side impact accident, which made the side airbag to deploy. Long story short, the car is now repaired, but the airbag light is on cause I didn't have the money at the time to repair it. What is going now through my mind, since my car is a model with 4 airbags, is it possible, that I install a module from a 2 airbag car in my car, and let's say "disable" the side airbags and fix the issue, so I at least have 2 working airbags?Has anyone done this thing here?

Any thought or reply is of course welcome!

George

Hello

the only way to fool the car in thinking that the air bag has been replaced is to place a resistor in the connector that plugs in to the air bag that has deployed 

4 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Hello

the only way to fool the car in thinking that the air bag has been replaced is to place a resistor in the connector that plugs in to the air bag that has deployed 

Are you sure about this? So it isn't possible to just buy the 2 airbag module and fit it in, so it forgets about the side airbags? Is this solution trust worthy?

Where are the air bag modules? Are they in the seats or are they in the space between the top of the door and the roof

Yes you should be able to buy some but they could be expensive I just thought that you wanted to turn the light off

3 minutes ago, TangoDaz said:

Where are the air bag modules? Are they in the seats or are they in the space between the top of the door and the roof

The airbag module, is between the gear selector and and the handbrake. I am sorry forgot to mention my model, my car is a mk1 focus. They aren't that expensive, they cost like 50 euros on the second hand market around here. My car was fitted with 3 kinds of trims for airbags through the years. With one airbag, two and four that's why I am asking if I can just pull this thing and get this over with. And from what I've read, I have to change the module either way since the airbags have deployed.

Sorry I thought you were on about the air bag itself I haven't really got a clue at the moment but I would say no as if you have four air bags and the module is for a two air bag car it probably won't even fit with the plugs and you're other two air bags would not work either 

As I've seen, the plugs are the same and from what they've told me, but I just want to be sure that's why I am asking here as well. No I am not interested in fitting a new airbag, the car is 12 years old, I just want to get rid of the light on the dashboard, and have at least the two frontal ones working, if anything goes wrong you know,

11 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Have you got any air bag module in the car?

Yes I have the one that has been used already.

Don't think that should make any difference did you replithr air bags that where deployed?

Yep you are right looking on line you will need to clear the crash data on the module or get a new one. 

I would get the car correct module for your car as it will probably talk to the main ecu on the car but you could try the Internet as well for advice

8 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Yep you are right looking on line you will need to clear the crash data on the module or get a new one. 

I would get the car correct module for your car as it will probably talk to the main ecu on the car but you could try the Internet as well for advice

You're probably right, cause the main ecu might be programmed to use 4 airbags. I'll try to see what I can do thank you for your help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club