Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzing noise from around the dash

tazzman600

Well I'm loving my Titanium X Sport but there's a buzzing sound coming from around the dash area when I switch the car on. Engine doesn't have to be on. Radio is off as is the heater but the buzzing sound is there. Once on the go and the radio is on I can't hear it but its there. Anyone have any ideas? All replies warmly welcome.

i would say the fuel pump relay starting up:smile:

• Like 1

Where's that situated dez? I have started thinking g it could be a relay of sorts. Thanks for your answer.

on mine its behind the glove box press the sides in 

but dont no about yours as its a mondeo

After a bit of a proper listen. The buzzing seems to be coming from the vents on top of the dash in the centre. Is there some kind of fan in there?

Sounds like the climate control sensor to me.

There is a little fan inside it to move air across the sensor to more accurately measure the temp and humidity.

Mine used to buzz on my Focus Tit X, even with the climate control switched off.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I'm gonna contact the seller I bought the car from and tell them I want it fixing under their (in their own words) best warranty out there.

Well I took my car to a local Ford dealer so as they could listen to the buzzing. Within 2 seconds the guy said it's the internal ambient temperature sensor (or did he say pressure sensor). Anyway 60 quid for the part and half an hour labour so sod going back to Nottingham to get it done for free I'll save my time and fuel/ wear and tear and get it done near home.

Good call Alex.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have this buzzin sound all the time, was getting really fed up with it, turns out I've got tinitus. 

• Haha 1

Yes got it fixed by the local dealer and no more buzzing. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello i also have a buzzing noise inside of my dash it sounds like a trapped bee is in my dash

2 hours ago, ThatGuyWhoLovesFords69 said:

Hello i also have a buzzing noise inside of my dash it sounds like a trapped bee is in my dash

Oh uhh i think i found it and now my face is ruined i am gonna head to the Hospital.. Cya Later

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club