Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 tdci problems

Eddiemax28

Hi all I'm new here, my dad has a 2008 Ford Focus cc 2.0 tdci and it has been in the garage a month now to sort the problem he had on it and the problem is still there, he was drive around 70mph on a duel carriage way and with out no warning the car started to rev on its own so he pulled over straight away and stalled it and waited a few mins and he started it back up with no problems at all and it started knocking (diesel knock) and Miss firing, he managed to get to my house (5 mins away) and I had a quick look and the heat from the engine was so intense it would take your breath away and there was smoke/steam coming from the exhaust system. He rang the garage he bought the car off (1 month after buying it) and the picked the car up and the mechanic drove it on the flat bed and it was puffing white smoke out the exhaust and it smelled of diesel so they took it to the garage and they had the injectors referbished and gave it back and my dad took it back as it was so sluggish so the garage checked the turbo and the turbo has collapsed so they but a referished turbo on and it runs sweet when it's cold and as soon as it warms up it starts to slutters between 1500-2500rpm and the garage can't find out what the problem is, they Evan took the injectiors out and sent them away to be tested and all come back great. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Thanks chris

bent conrods after initilaly over revving, rods could be only slightly bent causing a drop in compression pressures on one or more cyls.

seen it on a couple of mondeos,

the garage needs to do a compression test.

• Like 1

The garage done a compression test and not good. The compression was low in all 4 cylinders and they have sed it needs a new engine. The car is on finance and still under warranty. The garage where my dad have got the car from have said my dad could have another car as the focus will be going under the insurance of the company

i thought that would be the case unfortunatley.

That's a bit unlucky, at least the garage are sorting things out, which garage did your dad buy the Focus from?

good to hear your dad has option to choose another car as that focus engine sounds wrecked !

Steve Williams car sales in abercarn South Wales he got the car from. He done a deal on a 09 plate BMW 318d with 79k and a new mot. The deal was £2k was cut from the BMW 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club