Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak in brand new Ka

Caz09

Hello, Jonny, well, where do I start....

We ordered the car last May and was told delivery would be about July. Come July and no car... I phoned them and was told there was an 'issue'. I later heard the car was damaged in the factory and had to re order it, however, if we wanted a style + we could have one in 7 days (we paid cash for a zetec, aircon, alloys etc etc). We eventually got the car in October, with the optional spare, and the salesman kept the inflation kit. We finally got that kit back last week..... I blame myself for telling my wife to get a Ford, well, from Gates Harlow.

Hello, Jonny, well, where do I start....

We ordered the car last May and was told delivery would be about July. Come July and no car... I phoned them and was told there was an 'issue'. I later heard the car was damaged in the factory and had to re order it, however, if we wanted a style + we could have one in 7 days (we paid cash for a zetec, aircon, alloys etc etc). We eventually got the car in October, with the optional spare, and the salesman kept the inflation kit. We finally got that kit back last week..... I blame myself for telling my wife to get a Ford, well, from Gates Harlow.

Thats pretty poor. Six months! I reckon the story about it getting damaged is a lie. Did you not want the spare?

I ordered my Fiesta around that time and I can remember my dealer saying that there were massive massive delays on the Ka, even more than the Fiesta, they didn't even have any on the forecourt for months.

Jonny, we had to pay for the spare! But the salesman shouldn't have kept the tyre inflation kit!!

Oh I see, did you not order the spare wheel when you originally placed your order? Did you buy it seperately from the dealer?

Oh I see, did you not order the spare wheel when you originally placed your order? Did you buy it seperately from the dealer?

We ordered the spare wheel at the same time, but was told on collection that the inflation kit wasn't needed. Hold on.... it comes with the car regardless!

We ordered the spare wheel at the same time, but was told on collection that the inflation kit wasn't needed. Hold on.... it comes with the car regardless!

:huh: Doesn't the spare wheel replace the inflation kit?

:huh: Doesn't the spare wheel replace the inflation kit?

Jonny, go and buy a spare wheel. Then give away a tyre inflation kit that belonged to you. Result... Ford 1 Jonny 0.

Jonny, go and buy a spare wheel. Then give away a tyre inflation kit that belonged to you. Result... Ford 1 Jonny 0.

hahaha lol :lol:

Im not sure how it works with the Ka. I have the Mk7 Fiesta and you have the option of either the spare or the repair kit. This is because they both go in the spare wheel well. You can choose the spare as an optional extra, this replaces the repair kit. There were never both in the car. I thought this would have been the case with the Ka too?

hahaha lol :lol:

Im not sure how it works with the Ka. I have the Mk7 Fiesta and you have the option of either the spare or the repair kit. This is because they both go in the spare wheel well. You can choose the spare as an optional extra, this replaces the repair kit. There were never both in the car. I thought this would have been the case with the Ka too?

I'm pretty sure it was an extra option, the spare was 2 replace the kit if u Chose that option.why would u need both? That's what it says it the Ka catalogue anyway. It would b like paying more for special alloys but then stil expecting the original ones that came as standard 2 b included as well. Sorry a bad example but hope u get my point!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it was an extra option, the spare was 2 replace the kit if u Chose that option.why would u need both? That's what it says it the Ka catalogue anyway. It would b like paying more for special alloys but then stil expecting the original ones that came as standard 2 b included as well. Sorry a bad example but hope u get my point!

glad to see these piles of junk havent improved over time ive had 4 of these in with leaks rear passenger boot and roof leaks as well and not ferom a sunroof as there wasnt one ford replaced windscreen woman got so pxxxxd off with ford she brought it to my work wasnt easy but we got there after a day of head scratching pin prick holes in the roof welds these kas just cause misery for ther owners yet i dont know why could it be the Shell is a fiat yes the body is a colaboration between ford and fiat the idea was ford had issues with rust so joined with fiat as a joint venture ford got galvanized bodies and they shared engine developments pity as its not the water on the outside causing rust but the water inside

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Just thought I'd add my expereince. I bought a 2009 Ford Ka Zetec mk2 in November 2010. After a month I noticed the rear passenger footwell was wet! I kept an eye on it over xmas and then booked it into my local Ford garage.

Speaking to Ford Customer relations (I had a case number etc) and the garage, as the car is out of its first years warrenty its not covered. The garage wanted over £300 off me just to investigate the problem!! Ford wouldn't wave this only said they would look at good will once they worked out what the problem was.

Luckly I bought the car from a garage and they have agreed to look at my car and fix the problem free of charge but after reading this I don't know how easy it will be to sort this issue out. Moral of the story, don't expect much from your Ford Warranty.

mines ok at moment but £300 just to investigate problem on newish car doesnt sound very good to me i will keep an eye on mine though

The new Ka updated ka is starting to show up at dealers now. Basically lots of quality updates.the breaks have been changed to sort out the noise of grinding. The wipers have been changed to get rid of the jumping. Interior the air Vents have been changed to the Fiesta air vents. Air con has been upgraded to work quicker and Speakers upgraded for better sound quality. All engines are now stop start as standard and ka tattoo and tattoo premium have been dropped to make way for the ka metal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just got my Ka back. Thee leak appears to be sorted (so fingers crossed). The garage said it was somthing to do with the door.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i had similar problem but my rear window water spray had been spraying out in passenger side soaking my carpet garage have now fixed the fault but left my carpet soaked :angry: maybe you guys might have a fault in the same place its worth a look :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club