Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 Tdci Zetec

Daveeb

Hi, just bought a 2008 Facelift Model Focus 1.8 Tdci Zetec, which has done 84,000 miles. When you pull away in 1st gear, for a second, you hear a slight scouring noise, like some part is not getting lubricated properly, then you don't hear it again. This is intermittent, and does not happen every time when you pull away. After the test drive, when I mentioned it to the dealer, he suggested it may have been dirt/rust on the discs/pads. Does not look like that now as that would happen all the time and not just now and again, and at the moment only when you drive off in 1st gear. Basically he has tried to wash his hands of it. A couple of independent Mechanics drove the car, and after a few start offs they eventually heard the noise. Both thought it may be the Clutch Release Bearing. Any ideas or information from anyone?. Also any ideas as to how much I would be looking to pay to have the whole Clutch Assembly/Dual Mass  Flywheel/Slave Cylinder replaced?. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club