Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chinese DRL fog light inserts

ThaiFiesta

Hi, has anyone tried the Chinese DRL fog light inserts as sold on eBay and AliExpress?  I'm interested in knowing how well they fit and how effective they are. Thanks. 

IMG_3316.PNG

IMG_3317.PNG

22 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

Better off trying autobeam.co.uk matey. 

Looks like exactly the same as the first one - at twice the price 😉

Haha very true, but I've heard of people buying the Chinese made DRL fog kits and they not being very good quality, water puddles inside lamps, LED's blowing early... @M4RC

• Like 2

I've tested many sets of these , there is no manufacturer that makes the 2nd set to a high enough standard..

there is many different factories that actually make these and they are all different qualities, I wouldn't trust the cheaper ones as they'll just go faulty. 

I actually sell these, more expensive than elsewhere but they are high quality and I offer 3 years warranty.

Use ABWEB10 for 10% off - www.autobeam.co.uk

11.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 0:22 PM, ThaiFiesta said:

Looks like exactly the same as the first one - at twice the price 😉

They can look the same but the quality is totally different, the factories use the same design but different methods of making them (the cheaper ones are made by smaller factories that actually glue them by hand which is why the last a couple of month if your lucky) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. How does the other version you offer compare to the type in the top pic you offer? Are either available in gloss plastic or only the matt type?  Cheers

IMG_3390.PNG

Hi, has anyone tried the Chinese DRL fog light inserts as sold on eBay and AliExpress?  I'm interested in knowing how well they fit and how effective they are. Thanks. 

IMG_3316.PNG

IMG_3317.PNG

I have a set similar to the top set that I took off of my Focus - they're available for a sensible offer!!

They are in working order and are not the cheap/naff ones - Lenny was the original owner...and he doesn't do tatt - especially when it came to his car!!

Message me for more info

2 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Thanks for the info. How does the other version you offer compare to the type in the top pic you offer? Are either available in gloss plastic or only the matt type?  Cheers

IMG_3390.PNG

No problem, the version in your screenshot is similar but a different design and has built in indicator function.

All the products we sell are high quality and we offer a 3 year warranty (the main difference is that ours are sealed with a proper machine, not by hand) 

unfortunately only the Matt type is available 

I'm interested in the auto bream lights for my Zetec S mk7.5. Does anyone know how to disable the current drl bulb? Obviously I can't just remover it as it's the full beam bulb as well 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2016 at 3:30 PM, the1994 said:

I'm interested in the auto bream lights for my Zetec S mk7.5. Does anyone know how to disable the current drl bulb? Obviously I can't just remover it as it's the full beam bulb as well 

You'd basically have to cut the DRL cable and make it safe 

On 22/10/2016 at 2:30 AM, the1994 said:

The models without the bulb DRL (H15) use the H1 bulb as high beam. You would need to change the bulb holder and connect and run the H15 DRL line to your new DRLs.